THREE. space cowboy

     MARCUS HAD somehow managed to keep a smile on Charlie's face throughout their friendship

MARCUS HAD somehow managed to keep a smile on Charlie's face throughout their friendship. He had never upset the girl with him until now and it struck a never with him. Yeah, he fucked up by not letting the girl know he was going to be late, but he would be damned if he told her that he was bricked up thinking about her on the way over and did a U-turn to Ginny's to have sex with her to get his mind off of Charlie.

It was fucked up and he knew that, but his excuse was being a teenage boy and that was good enough for him at the moment, but that wouldn't be good enough for Charlie and he knew that.

So as he made his way to her locker where she stood with it wide open and digging through it, he thought about how this conversation would go. It could go many ways, and he only wanted it straight. He had to lie to her. That, to him, was the only way to get the girl to speak to him.

He approached her locker, leaning against the neighboring one as he waited for her to shut it and once she did, he gave her a small smile that she didn't return. Instead, she looked up at him and turned, walking in the opposite direction.

Marcus sighed and followed behind Charlie, her pace faster than normal, but he caught up with ease. "Can you stop ignoring me?" He asked.

"I'm not ignoring you." She answered. "I texted you this morning."

"Telling me to shut the fuck up when I say good morning is not very nice, Charles." He joked, but Charlie didn't laugh and he continued, cutting in front of the girl which caused her to stop with a sigh. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to miss the movie... I lost track of time and-"

"Why won't you tell me where you were?"

"I'm sorry and I was... I was trying to clean up my bike some more and found something that could fix on my own and lost track of time. It's a stupid reason to miss a movie with you and I'm sorry."

Was it a good lie? No, but he hoped that Charlie believed him.

He watched as she quipped her lip to the side and her arms crossed over her chest, but a small smile began to form on her face which caused him to smile.