Chapter 2: Unfamiliars and Familiars

"Jay Guevara," the man said. "In the flesh. It's been years, or some ither long period of time. How are you, Baki?"

"Im good, You are honestly the last person I thought I'd see here." Baki said, turning to him."How is, things? I'm unsure what I'm supposed to ask. Caught me out of left field."

"Caught me out of left field when they invited me." Jay Guevara "and me having time. I'm not about to play into the rich man's game, but honestly, the money they offered me to go here, I must've been there last resort or something, and they needed to secure me. That money can pay for a lot of food for my people. I'm not exactly expecting to win the whole thing or prize or anything."

"And your Japanese is Impeccable, last time I met you, I didn't have a word of what you were saying." Baki said

"Yeah, well, that is what time will do for you. I had the amount of free time I had all of a sudden. It was something to do." Jay said, "Well, I suppose we aught to get to our homes."

"Suppose so." Baki said

-Jump Cut-

We cut to a large hall, a day has passed, and its seating is divided with small barriers into three sections, one the size of the other two.

With the tables that the people there are sitting at, baki can see everyone there. Baki appears to be the last person there. And Pickle is noticeably absent. There are two tables, one appears to have the fighters, familiar faces, littering the seats.

As baki sits down, Morris stands on his seat and grabs everyone's attention

"Hello there." He said,"I would just like to announce the names of the fighters officially for those who do not recognise them before we start. And day thanks to pur more important sponsors and guests.
Please welcome, stepping into the tournament:

Baki Hanma, An Underground Fighter From Japan

Pickle, brute strength fighter from the Jurrasic Period in America

Hamza Dawud Ali, Of Pencak Silat From Indonesia

Biscuit Oliva, Unchained of America

Sukune the 101st, Of Grand Sumo Also From Japan

Kaoru Hannayama, Of Underground Infamy From Japan

Kaioh Kaku, Master of Many Chinese Martial Arts hailing From China

Doppo Orochi, Founder of Shinshinkai Karate From Japan

Katsumi Orochi, A Chairman of Shinshinkai Karate From Japan

Alexander Assisi, Master of Pankration, Hailing in Part from Italy and Part Greece

Izo Motobe, Master of Various Weapons and grappling based arts, From Japan

Goki Shibukawa, Master of Aikido, From Japan

Honoo, Grand Sumo Wrestler, From Japan

Taima No Kehaya the 101st, Ancient Sumo Wrestler, From Japan

Pierre Jean Polearm, A Fencer from France

Jay Guevara, Master of his own style from North America

A big and warm welcome to these 16 Fighters, one of which is not here. And as for our sponsors, thank you, Pope John XXII, ...murmur murmur murmur..."

After a while of listing people and speaking about things that are rather boring, Morris gave the go-ahead for fighters and such to go ahead and eat.

Baki got up and grabbed his food after a couple of people had left to grab food. He was sandwiched between two large people going along the line of food. And he was oddly unafraid of being between two strong and larger people.