What If! #1, part 2

What if: Alexius rejected the throne?

Roden led the way out and Jaron walked slowly behind them. "Lora, your bleeding, what happened?" Jaron asked. Just wanting to get out of here already, Alexius said, "it's nothing, your guards were a bit rough when they decided to throw me in." Jaron sighed, "it's not okay, I'll have to talk to them. Follow me, I'll bring you to the infirmary." Alexius stared deep into his green eyes and yelled, "I said it's fine! You're always ontop of me with everything that I do! Just let me go already!" Realizing what she had just done, she covered her mouth and ran. Alexius was wearing a dress that went down to her knees, so it was easy to run in. "Stop!" Roden yelled as he chased after her. Luckily, she was still wearing her boots so she could run faster than if she was in heals. Once she believed that she had finally lost Roden and Jaron, who strangely disappeared as she was being chased, she turned around the corner of the castle but rammed right into something or someone. Looking up, she saw Jaron and she quickly jumped back from him. 

"I'm sorry your highness I was-"

"Cut the act Alexius!"

"W-what, h-how, e-excuse me?" Alexius was to stunned to figure out what to say. "Alexius......what are you doing?" Jaron asked as he reached for Alexius's hand, but she pulled it away. "I...I'm not worthy of the throne anymore.....I abandoned my kingdom and I now have no right to return once someone tries to claim it!" Alexius snapped, "I'm leaving and going back to the trenches to where I belong!" Alexius could now see the anger in Jaron's eyes, "What about your mother, your just going to leave her behind! Your just going to leave me behind!" Alexius started to back away. "Yes, yes I am. I don't deserve the throne....I never did," Alexius choked and tears began to fall down her face. "I'm no longer Princess Alexius Elizabeth Erin of Carthya. I'm just a comener, nothing more. Goodbye, King Jaron," Alexius said before she turned away and ran. She was sick of royalty and all that came with it. It was always to much for her and it wasn't like Carthya missed her anyways. They all loved Darius and he was the sunshine of the kingdom while I was the clouds that block his shine. Some even blamed me for his death when I obviously had no part in it...but people have their opinions I guess. No one ever loved me.......no one ever will.......I was always in the way.