Side Story #1 (The Sword)

"That was a sad blow!" Fink joked. "I've been out of practice, okay!" Alexius sighed, and she was still sore from her injury. It was mostly healed now, but it did leave a scar. Fink swung his sword towards her and she jumped back out of the way, but then she fell backwards. "Ouch!" Alexius cried. Fink ran over quickly. "Oh my, I'm sorry, uh, here, let me help" Fink jumbled his words and then extended his hand for Alexius to grab. She took it and he helped her up. Alexius then picked up her sword and looked at it. "I'm in need of a new one, I've grown and this one has become way to small for me," Alexius sighed. Fink studied the sword for a moment and motioned for her to hand her sword over to him. Fink measured it to the side of her, "Yeah, this is to short for you." 

Alexius sighed, her sword had been through thick and thin with her, but now it would become a prop in her room, never to be used again. She really did love her sword, it was made out of a special material, but Alexius would never ask for it to be done again. When she was little, she was so set of having an obsidian sword, so she asked for an obsidian one, but when they told her that it would chip easily Alexius suggested that they mix iron and obsidian. It was a weird combination and it didn't exactly mix well, so there is a weird pattern on the sword blade and many chips. Alexius mainly liked the dark color of obsidian and she wanted her sword to have the same shade. 

Alexius looked at her sword and then sheathed it. "I'll go talk to my father and see what he says about getting a new sword crafted," Alexius dipped her head toward her Uncle Fink and she exited the training room. She made her way down to wear her fathers office was. She knocked on the door and to her surprise, her mother opened it. "Am I interrupting anything?" Alexius asked. Jaron shook his head and Alexius entered the room and stood in front of her fathers desk. "What brings you in here?" Imogen asked, taking a seat by a small table.  "It's my sword, I need a new one," Alexius said. "Oh no, did you break it?" Imogen asked. Jaron hadn't said anything yet, his feet was propped up on his desk and his nose was buried in the newspaper, he probably wasn't paying attention. "No, I didn't break it," Alexius turned to face Jaron who took a sip of his tea. "Well if you didn't break it then why would you need a new one?" Jaron asked, not looking at her. "It's gotten to small for me, it was made for me when I was ten and I'm seventeen," Alexius explained, pulling her sword out to show him. "Nonsence, let me see this," Jaron said, getting up from his seat and measuring it up to Alexius. "Oh crap, you do need a new one," jaron admitted. "Yeah, like I said," Alexius rolled her eyes and grabbed her sword. "Yeah yeah, I'll take care of that," Jaron said, returning to his desk. "Thank you," Alexius said before she dipped her head a left her fathers office.