3. Proposal

At the Royal Club

Tara gently inquired, "How are you, Abhimaan?" He replied with a faint smile, "I'm okay." Returning the question, he asked, "What about you?" She replied gracefully, "I'm all good."

"It's been a long time since we last met at the J31 mission," Abhimaan reminisced. "Bahut zyada time ho gaya, almost 2 saal. Vaise, we learned a lot of new things, right?" Tara reflected. Abhimaan nodded in agreement.

Shifting the conversation to business, Abhimaan asked, "What about your business? Is it going well? Mine is fine, scoring the highest number of shares and securing the position." Tara smirked as she replied, "If you forgot, let me remind you. I recently bought 71 shares of LL Company, and now I own 7 companies in a row. I know you ranked first, but I'm second." Abhimaan accepted his defeat gracefully.

Getting straight to the point, Tara said, "Let's come to the point. What help do you need from me?" Abhimaan, visibly nervous, stuttered as he asked, "Can you marry me?" Tara's eyes widened in shock, and she banged the desk in disbelief. "Tu pagal ho gaya hai kya? Kuch bhi bakwas kar raha hai. Mein apne dreams ko crush nahi kar sakti," she exclaimed in an aggressive tone.

As Abhimaan pleaded with her to listen, Tara reluctantly sat down. He explained, "My grandfather made a deal with me that if I don't get married, he will sell or donate my property. After the missions, my company is my life. If I marry another girl, she might be a gold digger, and so on. Isliye, mein chahta hoon ki mein tujhse shaadi kar lu, because I trust you more than anyone."

Tara sighed, "I can understand, Abhimaan, but I am not ready to get married. You know me. I like you as my best friend, but that doesn't mean ki mein tujhse shaadi kar lun." Abhimaan pleaded with her, "At least ek baar meri condition imagine karke soch lo."

"Tujhe kehta hai toh sochungi, but I need time," Tara finally relented. "Okay, take your own time," Abhimaan agreed. "The food has already arrived. Let's have dinner." After dinner, they bid each other goodbye and went home, lost in their own thoughts.

Tara's POV:

As I came home, I headed straight for the shower, mulling over Abhimaan's proposal. After coming out, I went to bed, thoughts of him and our conversation swirling in my mind as I drifted into a deep slumber.