Page 19

Don't forget to vote🫶🏽

Zariyah POV:

"When I told you I'd never hurt you i meant it, the only reason I even got into any of this was because of what happened with my sister, I mean we've been around it since we were young but we always planned to leave at 18 to start our own lives outside all that stuff".

I was sitting on my bad with my legs crossed while Alaisha was laying down on her stomach icing her back and facing me.

When she first got here she wanted to lay down and was talking about her back being in pain so I gave her ice and pain meds then let her lay down.

I wasn't prepared for anything she was about to say but Once she started telling me everything about her and her sister I felt bad.

No child, shit no person deserves to deal with what they went through.

I just listened taking in everything she was saying, I recall jokingly asking before if she was a serial killer and she said something close to that but I didn't give it too much thought

"I have more I need to talk to you about though".

"Okay go ahead".

"Well this parts a bit harder, I've never done this before and I'm nervous and scared to be honest".

I nodded my head and laid on my back next to her.

"I'll look at the ceiling, take your time and keep in mind I'll never judge you I'm not that kind of friend."

"See that's the thing, I don't want to be friends." Her response caught me off guard and I quickly looked at her.

"Look back at the ceiling please I'm not done." I said okay then looked back up trying not to jump to conclusions.

"I don't want to be friends because I like you, I want to be more than friends but I've never done that before and honestly I wouldn't know how to go about doing that. I also have a lot I'm trying to figure out at the moment and I don't know what I'm doing at all."

I felt my heart racing I've been hoping she'd say something for so long and it's actually happening. She then took a deep breath and started back talking.

"I know I've probably been confusing the heck out of you recently and I apologize for that, I hate when you call me your friend and I hate that you stopped calling me mama because I didn't know before I met you but I love that kind of stuff and I'd really like to start something with you just really slowly but if you don't wan-".

I turned my head again looking her dead in her eyes, I reached my hand over caressing her face then leaned in to kiss her.

Alaisha POV:

When her lips touched mine I kissed her back without and hesitation. it started as just a peck then slowly deepened, it felt like nothing else mattered, I was laying down flat but it somehow felt like I sunk further into the mattress. It was almost like and out of body experience and yes we kissed before but it was nothing like this.

I mean I was drunk and high at the same time.

We both pulled back at the same time just looking at each other for a moment then she started to speak.

"I like you, I've liked you since I met you and yea you was giving hella mixed signals when I met you but it's like I was already stuck. If it was anybody else playing with my feelings like that I would've dropped them in a heartbeat but I swear you're different. I understand that you need time and I'm more than willing to wait but I want to be here for you every step of your healing journey as long as you're cool with that."