New Lovers "P-2"

Today was the day of A'Riauna's birthday, July 29th, and Edwin planned to go all out. He was more excited than she was. He scrolled through his phone and checked the time. "Okay," He sighed, and he was confident but nervous. He walked into his bathroom and got dressed.

He was wearing a black turtleneck with a black jacket and silverish pants

He grabbed his phone and texted A'Riauna, asking if she was ready for him to pick her up

He grabbed his phone and texted A'Riauna, asking if she was ready for him to pick her up. Minutes go by, and she still hasn't replied to his message. He kept grabbing his phone to see if she'd respond, but nothing. So, he decides to call her. After a few moments of ringing, she picks up. "Ari, what are you doing?"
He asks, waiting for an answer.

"A'Riauna?" He says, not getting a response. Finally, A'Riauna sighed, "What?" She said on the other side of the phone. "Aren't you ready for me to pick you up?" He said, slightly glad to hear her voice. She groaned on the other side. "Pick me up for what?" She said in a low gruntle voice. Edwin listened to her voice. "It sounds like you're half asleep." He laughed. A'Riauna went quiet for a moment. "A'Riauna?" A slightly mumbled is heard before she groaned again, "Mmm?" She says, sounding like she was falling back to sleep. "It's your birthday, remember?

A'Riauna was quiet yet again, "My birthday?" she asks. "Yes, your birthday. Did you forget?" Edwin walked over and grabbed his car keys, "You're 23 today. Happy birthday." He says, walking to the door. A'Riauna laughed, "Yeah, happy birthday to me.."

Edwin smiled, "I'm on my way over there." A'Riauna's voice jumped up in high-pitched. "Right now?" He laughed, walking out of the door and opening it.  "Yes," he walked to his car before opening it and getting in. A'Riauna went silent on the phone, and the only thing he heard was the loud thuds in the background. "Ari?" He says, starting his car. "Uhm... I'll call you back." She says in a startled yet rushed voice. "Uh, okay -" She hung up before he could finish.

"Shit, shit," A'Riauna says as she rushes around the room, grabbing some clothes, she was in her sleeping clothes still and her boyfriend is going to be coming over. She needed to hurry. She grabbed her clothes and jumped into the shower. "Goddammit," She mumbled as she scrubbed her body. She knew he would be here any minute. Soon, she stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel around her body. Her phone rings again. Was it him? She wondered as she looked at her phone, She sighed in relief

It was her mom. She answered the phone and was left with a big smile as her mother sang Happy Birthday to her in a silly tone. She walked into her bedroom while talking to her mom while getting dressed. She felt at ease. Ending the call with "Love you, A'Riauna. Happy Birthday! " Her mom hangs up. A'Riauna was fully dressed. The only thing missing was her shoes. As soon as she walked to her closet to grab her shoes, she heard a knock on the front door.