A Secret

Edwin had no idea why his body reacted like that. He felt embarrassed. What if A'Riauna had seen him like that? He slowly walked back into his room to see A'Riauna under the covers fast asleep. He smiled for a moment. He loved her. He sighed before turning to see the time. It was only 10:05 am. "We have all week," Edwin assured himself as he walked out of his room closing the door behind him, he was going to let her sleep for however long she wanted. As long as she was there with him he did care what they did together.

 As long as she was there with him he did care what they did together

Edwin walked into the kitchen and took out two bowls. One was a green-stained glass bowl and the other was a popcorn bowl. He turned, reached his top cabinet, and grabbed two big bags of assorted candy. He placed them on the counter before closing the cabinet. He opened one of the drawers and grabbed scissors. He cut open the bags of candy and poured them into the big glass bowl. After, he grabbed the popcorn bowl and started to make popcorn.

Moments later, he finishes and takes the bowls to the theatre room he had upstairs.

He placed down the bowls and started to look through his phone for movies that A'Riauna would want to watch

He placed down the bowls and started to look through his phone for movies that A'Riauna would want to watch. "Oookay.." He sighed. He walked downstairs back to the kitchen and grabbed a few drinks.
He grabs some liquor for himself, walks back upstairs, and places it inside the mini fridge he had in the theatre.
He was almost done. He wanted to make A'Riauna happy, so he planned to do any and everything she asked him to do for two weeks.

After finding movies to watch he walks back downstairs and sees that A'Riauna was awake, she was in the kitchen drinking water. He smiled, walked up to her, and hugged her from behind, grabbing onto her waist. A'Riauna smiled a little, placed the cup down, and turned her head towards Edwin. "It's not always good to walk up on someone from behind." She says as she turned to face Edwin and wrapped her arms around his neck.
Edwin was slightly surprised, A'Riauna was acting strange, but he didn't hate it at all. He leaned in for a kiss but his phone ring cut him off guard and he stopped midway.

A'Riauna kept her hands around his neck and hugged him as he answered the call. "Hello?" He says, completely unbothered by A'Riauna listening to the conversation. He holds A'Riauna's waist as he talks on the phone. Suddenly, but briefly, he sighs, annoyed. "What do you want?" He said on the phone. He lets go of A'Riauna's waist and removes A'Riauna's arm from his neck walking to the table in the kitchen and sitting down on a chair. A'Riauna was confused, why'd he suddenly push me away from him? She thought. Then a wave of curiosity washed over her. Who was he talking to on the phone?

A'Riauna tried to ignore it, but it was obvious. He was angry and annoyed at the person on the phone, but he never hung up. If she were even slightly talking to someone who she disliked she'd hang up in the blink of an eye. A'Riauna looked upstairs and noticed that the light was on. She averted her eyes back to Edwin who was sitting on the chair in the kitchen. Soon, trying to ignore Edwin, she walked upstairs and followed all of the lights that were on. "Oh," She said as she walked into the theatre room. Everything was set up, there was popcorn in one bowl along with candy in another. She walked toward the mini-fridge she had begged Edwin to get a year ago and opened it. It was filled with her favorite drinks and 3 bottles of liquor. Edwin was 25 so the drinks were obviously for him.

She sat down on the bed-ish couch that was in the theatre room and looked around. He forgot a few things, the extra blankets, the pizza, and the movies picked to watch. She sighed. But Edwin being on the phone never left her mind. She wanted to know who was on the phone. It just sat in her mind. "I'll just ask when he gets off the phone." Edwin wasn't a liar, he was a pretty heavy truth-teller when it came to A'Riauna, so if she asked he would most definitely tell her. She felt more at ease thinking about it that way.

Minutes passed, and A'Riauna picked a movie to watch, yet Edwin was still in the kitchen. She walked out of the room and headed downstairs. To see Edwin still on the phone. "Edwin, are we going to watch the movie together?" She asks making Edwin turn his head. "Uh, yeah. I'll be there in a few minutes." He said, more focused on the phone, if ever. This was annoying A'Riauna. She didn't want to seem. spoiled, but today was her day. It was supposed to be about her and Edwin being together for her birthday.

"Edwin, can you come now?" She asked. She sounded desperate this time but Edwin wasn't even paying enough attention to her to hear what she said. "It's not that important." He said on the phone, he was rubbing his temples in frustration. "Edwin," A'Riauna said, her voice becoming more sturn. "If you think that's the way it is, then think that way." Edwin said on the phone as he was slowly getting angrier. "Edwin!" A'Riauna shouted finally getting his attention. His head turned toward A'Riauna. She had his attention completely. "Why're you ignoring me?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed as she was getting angry.

Edwin looked shocked, he looked back at the phone and then at A'Riauna. "I'm sorry." He said placing the phone down on the table after he hung up on the person. "I didn't mean to ignore you." He stared back at A'Riauna, he seemed pretty stressed out but worried. The worry took over more as he barely cared about his well-being as much as he cared for A'Riauna's. He reached his hands out and grabbed A'Riauna's hands placing them on his palm. "I'm sorry," He says again. A'Riauna stared at him. She started to feel bad for even getting mad at him, but because of her tsundere personality, she sighed. "Who were you on the phone with?" She asked, getting straight to the point.

Edwin looked to the side. "No one important." She stared at him longer, that wasn't a straight response. "If they're not that important then why were you on the phone with them for almost an hour?" She says, removing her hand from his and crossing her arms. Edwin felt a sting in his chest as he stayed silent. He didn't want to lie but he didn't want her to get involved. "They're not as important as you think." A'Riauna scoffed, she wasn't expecting Edwin to be keeping secrets from her. He told her everything, or so she thought. "You can't just tell me who this person is?" Edwin's lips zipped shut, he knew he couldn't lie to her about this.

"It was my sister," Edwin said. His heart was building up in his chest, he wished he could tell her more but he couldn't. If he did everything he'd have with her would spiral down the stairs into a dark pit. She looked him up and down as he said who he was talking to. A'Riauna looked to the left. She didn't know much about Edwin's family, all she knew was that he had three siblings. She sighed.

She could tell that he was stressed about something, it was obvious. But what was he stressed out about? A'Riauna bit her bottom lip in curiosity. "Are you still going to watch movies with me?" A'Riauna says, trying to brush the situation to the side, she didn't like seeing him this stressed but she also didn't Ike not know what was stressing him out.

Edwin was slightly surprised by her sliding the situation to the side. Edwin stood up from the chair and followed her upstairs. Though she brushed the situation off, she still wanted to know. Was Edwin having some sort of family problem? They walk upstairs to the theatre. "I already picked a movie," A'Riauna says sitting down. Edwin smiled warmly. "Okay." After a few minutes, the movie started and they got comfortable. In the middle of the movie, Edwin starts to stare at A'Riauna as she is invested in the movie. He smiled, she was just so beautiful in his mind.