CHAPTER TWO

*unlocking true power*

It was like any other usual morning when Victoria woke up all excited. Today was the day to start her homeschooling. Her brain washing father put it in her that learning was the key unlocking true power, falling for her father's words Victoria vowed to learn all she could to unlock her 'hidden power'

At six , she started her usual morning routine, brushing, washing up, and arranging her bed. She then put on a simple dress and with all her excitement she ran to her parents room and burged in like it was hers.
Startled by her presence they almost hit her a pillow but alas her mother's fast reflexes saved her.

"Your that excited huh honey" her mother smiled making Victoria smile widely with adrenaline rushing through all her body.

"Ok, I'll be in the library in a sec, wait for me there Tori" her dad said while gaining energy to just sit straight.

Father is soo lazy

"Ok" she rushed out running through the halls and turning corners to reach the library

Ahhhh why does the house have to be bigger on the inside.   She thought

Shelves filled with brown, maroon and black books welcomed her, with a study table at the right and two couches on the left, room space not that big and one big window bringing in the rising sun and that nice vitamin D. Looking at the window she could get the view of the front house and small pathway, on the far right corner she could see the tree swing and the bushes.

With her big round hazel eyes she pressed her face against the window to see the bushes near the swing. She was suspicious of that bush because she always heard noises come from it and never got the chance to check out what exactly was in the bush.

Staring intently at it, she saw a face and she got freaked out.
"Someone in the bushes....."
she muttered to herself

"Ok sorry I took long, now we're do we start" her father startled her,making her look in his direction and when she looked back at the window she couldn't see the face and the shaking stopped.   "Is there something your looking at" her father asked noticing her over looking out the window
"No I was just.... trying to count the trees" she smoothly lied her father.

Unfortunately her lies were easily deciphered by her father who sometimes let it slide, but he prefered her to lie properly.
"You know Tori, when you lie, you gotta do it well, so that you don't get caught".  Tori was dumbfounded by two things, first a fathers are supposed to tell children that lieing is wrong and bad.  And second her father saw through her lie which means all her lies were seen through.

"Come sit, let's start our lessons shall we" her father beamed brightly. Following, she sat and concentrated.
"Ok, we've got math, languages, sciences, history, and chemistry, which one do you want to start with" her father explained. Picking out the one that sounded most interesting she said "chemistry, it sounds intelligent"

"Ok, tell me what you understand by the term  atom" showing her dense(stupid) expression, Tori couldn't understand what a-toms  were. Noticing the expression on his daughter's face he remembered that she was just a seven year old girl, so he would have to break down even more. "Sorry, Tori, your father is a little crazy, he started too far  let's start small"   "yes please" she looked relieved.

After five hours, Victoria and her father were on the couch slouching with heavy sighs. Breathing heavily her father asked "you got all that right". Tori answered taking heavy breathes "you bet"
Standing up he stood proudly "same time tomorrow, k"  "yes father"

..I will unlock my hidden power..