CHAPTER THREE

*beyond the forest*

After that hardcore lesson, Victoria snapped out of whatever she was doing in the library ( which was just sitting and letting the knowledge sink in) and dashed to the window remembering the bushes.

Looking at the bushes, 'nothing' looked straight back at her, it was only a normal bush, no shaking, no ruffles and no face.
"Ofcourse! Whatever was in has disappeared or gone back to where it came from" she muttered to herself

"I gotta get a closer look" she ran out of the library and down the stair case, before she could make it outside, she had a familiar voice speaking a foreign language
"A donde vas jovencita? Te has ol vidado del almuerzo"
"Huh" she stopped and looked where it came from  "What I don't understand" she looked at her mother with a clear expression of confusion on her face.

Getting it, she changed   "Sorry Chika, mother is just in the mood for Spanish right now. I was asking where you were going since lunch was ready"   her happy mood making her more beautiful each second.   "Oh,ok" Victoria answered walking back with her mom to the dining

"Mom, how did you learn Spanish"

"Huh, your father taught it to me, back in Cuba, ...it then grew me" she answered reminiscing old times with a smile.  "So why are you speaking it now" the little one fired the question.

"Thats because am happy....and I also don't wanna  forget, you know....like if one keeps practicing something, their likely not to forget."

"Really"

"Yeah"

The mother and daughter duo were now eating lunch together.   "Hey, I've got a crazy idea, I can teach you Spanish and then we can surprise your father, how's that?" She beamed

That doesn't sound bad, infact I'lld be unlocking more of my power. Ahhh Dad will be sooo happy

"Yeah let's do it" they both smiled sinisterly.

Dressed smartly, her father came down the stairs "Why the bright smiles" he asked. The duo pretended like no conversation was ever between them.  "Nothing" mother replied.  "Where you going Dad" Victoria asked changing the subject and winking to her mother who did the same.    
"Am going to meet a friend of mine, not that important" he was now walking towards the door.

"Wait, can I come with you" she asked pleadingly.   
"You wanna come with, it's gonna be boring" he said while sighing and slouching his body on the door.
"But I have never gone beyond the forest, I wanna see what's out there"

Yes, Victoria had never gone beyond the forest, ever. Her parents always made up lame excuses to keep her in the house, on and near the swing, and around the little compound that acted well..like a protective boundary that the trees started to stretch out from to form the forest surrounding the house. It also helped them keep her away from anywhere else.

"Oh Tori, it's just boring buildings, trees, people, everything is boring out there, especially the people.  The fun people are your mother, me and maybe .......".  His wife gave him a disapproving eye making him stop whatever he was about to say and luckily Victoria didn't see anything.
"Nop, only us, maybe mom will take you to the nearby lake to see the fish" noticing the disapproving looks his wife was completely giving him, he turned to her "right Liza" giving her a thumbs up.

"Uhhh" she couldn't refuse her daughter looked sooo happy and she hated that, it had been seven whole years without them taking Victoria beyond the forest and know since her 'husband' couldn't make up a good excuse, she had to accept what he was dragging her into.     "Yeah, alright let me get our scarfs, it will get chilly out" she stood up making her butt hurt, she had been sitting on the dining for a long time now

With all Victoria's excitement, she finished her juice and waited for her mother.
This would be her first time beyond the forest she couldn't miss this for the world. She would to see the world tho.

"Ok, let's, go" her mother said

"Don't be to late" Miles said to the daughter duo

"You to Bae"

Aaaaaah, am sooo excited, we are going to the lake, ...tho.... I feel like am forgetting something.......

"Honey" her mom was already out and calling her gesturing for her hand to hold

Ahhh, what the heck......... Am going beyond the forest.
Hehehe