30. The end

Author's Pov

The doorbell rang, and Viraj and Vijay entered the room. Everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief, knowing that they had somehow managed to resolve the drug matter for now using their money and influence.

"We have sorted it out, no need to worry. Only some formalities are left," Viraj informed.

"But who could it be?" Vijay asked, placing his hand on his son's shoulder, who silently removed it.

"Leave it, Vijay. Everyone is already tired. We can do more research about it tomorrow," Jaiveer gestured to his son to leave. It was already midnight, and no one wanted to prolong the discussion any further after everything that had happened.

Nodding everyone walked into their rooms.

Aryaveer entered his room, where the lights were still on. Akshara was busy checking answer sheets at the study table.

"Don't you need to sleep?" he asked, closing the door behind him. She looked up from the table. "Just a few sheets left. You go sleep."

He nodded and settled onto the bed, lying down. "Why are you teachers so cruel?"

"Me, cruel?" she asked, shocked.

"Of course, I don't think there's any other ghost in the room."

"Did you just call me a ghost?"

"Why is your sense of humor so low?" he said, amusingly snatching an answer sheet from her.

"Veer, give it back," she reached for it, but he moved it to his other hand.

"Why did you only give 2 marks for this question?"

"Because he didn't show the whole solution."

"Poor boy, to have such a teacher. If I were his teacher, I would have given him full marks."

"That's why you're not a teacher, Mr.," she snatched the sheet back from him. "Now, don't disturb me. If any of the kids think they got fewer marks, they'll curse you," she joked.

He sighed, smiling, and turned around to face the window, but sleep was far away from him.

After a while, she called him out, knowing he wa still awake. "Veer, stop overthinking and sleep. You can think about business tomorrow as well."

"Aren't you feeling something strange?" He asked, getting up as she looked up at him with confusion. "That person knows about all our actions, but how? He knew she told us, how? It isn't like strangers can just walk in; only trusted people are allowed inside. Could he be someone among the people we trust?"

"Maybe, or maybe you're thinking too much," she sighed and continued. "Why don't you call Chachi here for a few days? I mean, Athulya will feel good as well with her because I know very well that she is not going to agree to visit a therapist."

"That's the problem with this house. If I call her, Chachu will start thinking otherwise."

Suddenly, his phone buzzed on the stand, and Akshara picked it up. 'It's Daniel.' He took the phone from her and started."

"Is this an hour to call? Park the vehicles wherever you find space and head home, man. I don't want any of my family members involved in an accident because you're sleep-deprived."

"I was just leaving—"

"So?"

"Don't cut me off!"

"Then don't irritate me!"