Chapter 52

Liam stared at Katherine for a while before preventing Mark from giving her the magic stones.

Looking at her he shook his head.

"Katherine, under any circumstance you are not doing it, we will find some other way" Liam said strongly opposing her intensions.

The other men were confused about the whole ordeal that was taking place but knowing that Liam will not oppose something this strongly if it is not dangerous.

They read the room quickly and were on Liam's side about whatever Katherine wanted to do.

"The fastest and most effective way to solve this problem is to purify the minds of their black energy" Katherine stated while reaching out to get the stones, but to her surprise he held them back.

Stuffing them back inside his
sub-dimensional space he stood inattention.

"Katherine, you know if you do that, you might end up leaving this world or completely loose all your mana. Do you know what loosing all your mana means, your life will be cut short to a few days, Are you listening?" Liam said anxiously.

It all was true, in this world mana was as important as oxygen to survive, each and everyone here has mana inside them. That is different that commoners don't have the abilities to use it or it is just too low in them.

So if Katherine loses all her mana, it's the same as losing her life force and die. So if she did it, she will end up dying either way.

"They are our people, Liam don't they?" Katherine asked.

"Yeah but---- you know that if you loose your mana, all the things including the Demonica empire and the Miasma walk that rely on the Mana of the Demon heir will collapse. It would be worse then, with your sacrifice, all the demons you wanna save will die too" He tried to reason out with her.

"Don't worry brother, nothing will happen to this land that mother cherished, I have already transferred the heir title to you brother, I already told the spirits in the throne room that I am renouncing my title as the Crown Princess so you are now the Crown Prince" Katherine asured him of his concern.

"What!!? What Are you saying?!" Liam panicked at her statement.

Xander was quiet all this time with his head hung down.

"And Brother, originally I was supposed to die at this age, I held on just to get mother justice but now that everything is solved, I will take my leave. FAREWELL"

She walked away, without the mana stones, just with broken desires and longingness for something unknown to her.

In her eyes this world seemed to have no colour whatsoever, it just felt empty and suffocating to be there.

Even with the loved ones there was always an unknown fear of loosing then all one day. She felt so out of place here, she didn't knew if it was just reality or the mindset of her previous life but it was tearing her apart.

Unknowingly she was just drifting off to the deep and lonely darkness when she heard a crazy laugh.

Her steps stopped, she didn't dare look behind because if she did she won't be able to let go.

Xander laughed with his head down, a dangerous glint shining in his eyes he showed his canines. This was ridiculous why does God has to always play games with him.

Was a Hundred times was not enough that now the same destiny is repeating itself again.huh.

Katherine stood frozen at her place and was suddenly picked up by someone in bridal style.

She looked up into the hurt eyes of Xander.

"You sure are cruel as the rumers, don't you Irene? Saying all those things infront of me, just what is that you want, how can I prove to you that I need you and you belong here with me how? You belong here" Xander said tearing up.

In all the hundred lives he lived and saw his loved one die he never cried this much, he was letting out all that he was holding inside.

Looking at him Katherine was baffled, an unknown memory, which she has set aside and thrown away from her mind thinking that it never existed, thinking that it was just a ridiculous dream.

She has always been a pessimistic person since birth, she never believed that someone will care for her or if she can find happiness in life.

'She was born gloomy', these words made her expect nothing from the world because expectations just bring pain so she didn't knew what to do when something she didn't expected happened.

The memory held deep in her heart was sufficing now, that day something she never guessed happened.

Flashback***

"These rainy times with happy rhymes,
Dancing together, singing lives
Such a day has come in life" a boy sang cheerfully the song he just made while sitting at the steps of the boy's  dormitory at his school.

"But happiness is still faraway from our eyes" a girl sang an extension to his song as she came around holding an umbrella.

Her eyes and her voice was dull, the world without colour doesn't seem even a bit fascinating to her but the rain was calming and peaceful.

"Why you turning my happy cheerful song into a sad tragedy" the boy complained while scooting over to give her enough space to sit.

The girl sat down, putting away her umbrella she put her head on his shoulders huming a soft tone.

"Maybe because I was born sad" she said closing her eyes.

"Not again with those words" the boy yelled frustrated.

"You are such a pessimistic person" he said lightly but he knew that reality that his friend was slowly drifting into the defths of dispair.

Abandoned by her parents, criticised by the society and bullied by the classmates, what was there that she didn't suffer.

The girl's breathing became even and peaceful as if she was asleep while the pitter-patter of the rain continued.