ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

ʚɞ 20 April 2024  ʚɞ

"Yes mum, i've got my visa, passport, driving licence although i wont drive any car there" I tell my mum as i dragged my suitcase from upstairs.

I sneak my hand in my hand bag and take out my flight tickets. "And lastly, tickets. Checked" Showing the ticket to her.

She's standing in front of the door to make sure I bring everything that I need, as if I'm still a child. She let out a sigh, probably worried because this is the first time I'm going travelling on my own, without any family member or a friend.

I look at the watch on my wrist saying it's almost 5:30 pm. All of us jumped in the car and made our way to the airport. Grayson and Faith didn't make it because Faith at university now and Grayson in Sunderland, we facetime while i was packing my stuff. Once we got to the airport, we says our last goodbye.

"Please take care of yourself" Mum walks closer to me for a hug.

"I will mum, no worries" I take her into my embrace. "I'm grown, miss independent here" I give her a peck on her forehead.

"You're still our little girl" I heard my dad say as he appeared from a coffee shop at the airport with a coffee in his hand.

He handed me the coffee as he kissed my forehead. "Hmmm, no. I'm 21 dad, not twelve" I pulled him into a hug.

"I'll be okay mum, dad. I'll Facetime you guys every chance I have" I promised them.

They both just give me a warm smile and I give them a kiss on their forehead as now that the three of us are still hugging. Then we let go.

"Make sure to inform Jude when you land. And Dennise said she would pick you up, if Jude's not available" My mum reminds me.

"Mum, I don't want to be a bother to them. I can take the cab to the hotel. Just send me the name of the hotel later"

Yes, I am finally visiting Madrid. Did I tell Jude? No.

"Yeah about that" My dad looks at me like he's hiding something.

"What?" I question him with side eyes.

"Denise kindly offer you to stay at their home in Madrid... so"

My eyebrow creased. I blinks in replied.

"So, you don't have a booked hotel to stay" Dad finishes his words.

"Oh God" I shut my eyes in disbelief as I touched my eyebrows. Because they say that they already booked the best hotel for me to stay, I didn't know it's the Bellingham's hotel. "I'll find my own hotel then"

"Yeah that's not gonna be easy for now because there's multiple teams will be playing in Madrid this week and a lot of hotels are booked out." Dad added.

Not a word came out of my mouth for a few seconds. I let out an exhale as I saw my mum and my dad giving me that just deal with it face. I let out an exhale.

"Dennise wanted a company anyway, Jude will be busy and Mark is with Jobe in Sunderland" My mum states another reason why I should stay with them.

I still didn't say a word to them, I shut my eyes for a few seconds to gather in hope to find hotels then open my eyes again.

"We'll see" I finally speak. "Gotta go now. I'll miss you" we said our last goodbye and I made my way to the gate where my plane will be.

Jude and I have been talking everyday since the last time we met. Our parents have been very close as well since Grayson now plays with Sunderland and my dad became an emergency coach for them. We even had dinner together to celebrate my dad and Grayson joining Sunderland.

Dad and Mark have known each other since the day we met them in Qatar, they even had the longest chat during England's match against Iran back in 2022 world cup. But I wouldn't say they were that close that time. Now all of a sudden, they would always have dinner together in Sunderland. Mum and Dennise got along very well during dinner and begin to build a friendship.

I didn't tell Jude when exactly I will be visiting Madrid because I thought I'd make it as a surprise, but my mum had another plan. sigh . She told Denise when exactly my flight will land in Madrid and unexpectedly she kindly offered me to stay with them.

Well, it wouldn't be so unexpectedly if you didn't tell her that I was visiting, innit?

I text Jade before I jump in the plane to try and look for a 5 star hotel in Madrid for me, since I won't be able to do that on the plane. Thank God the plane took just 2 and a half hours to fly from London to Madrid.

When I checked the text from Jade, dad was right. She couldn't find any for me. Did i picked the wrong week to visit or is it my parents fault for not booking an actual hotel for me? I don't know.

Now I really don't have any other option, because it's almost 11pm in Madrid which is 1 hour earlier from London. I wouldn't be able to stroll my suitcase around looking for hotels at this hour as if the check in counter is still open.

While pulling my suitcase alongside me walking towards a coffee shop to grab some coffee I called Denise. It didn't take her too long to answer, which is probably because my mum told her when she should expect me to give a call anytime tonight.

"Hellou" I started.

"Oh hello darling, just got off the plane?" She asked me.

"Uh yeah, just got off"

"Alright, i'll be on my now"

"Thank you, see you later"

"Not a problem, see you later"

We ended the call and I got myself a cup of coffee and a cup of tea for Denise. Not long after scrolling through my phone waiting for Denise, I received a message from her saying she's arrived. When I looked up from my phone, I saw a familiar face walking towards my way with a smile on her face.

"Mrs Bellingham, Hi" I happily greeted her with a hug and she took me into her embrace.

"You finally made it here! Jude has been talking about you coming to visit Madrid all week" She stated as she offered to carry my backpack that i put on my suitcase.

"Really? He hasn't been asking me if I will come to visit eventually" I asked in surprise as I handed her the cuppa i had bought for her.

"Oh, he keeps saying to inform him if your parents say anything about your visit" She walks me to the car.

"Oh, uh, have you told him that I'm here now?" I question her hoping that she hasn't told him yet.

"No, I haven't got the chance. I was so excited to pick you up" She helps me open the door and I place my suitcase in the car.

I flashed her a warm smile when she said she was so excited to pick me up. Denise has always been so friendly and very welcoming. I think I do know now where Jude got his personality.

"Oh thank you" I tell her as she closes the door then moves closer to kiss my cheek.

"I wanted to surprise Jude, by the way" I claim as I make my way to the passenger seat and she gets in the driver seat.

"You're lucky than, I haven't told him yet"

Denise drove me to their home and I kept saying I don't want to be a burden and I will try to look for a hotel as soon as possible. But still, she kindly offered me to stay for however long I will be in Madrid and she mentioned that she would feel better to know that I'm safe staying with them rather than hotels all alone.

She also mentioned that Jude is staying at the Real Madrid training centre tonight because tomorrow is their match against Barcelona. All the teammates will spending time with each other before the game.