Chapter Two - ✿ Team PokéClan ✿

The way from the beach to Wigglytuff's Exploration Guild wasn't exactly long, but Pika told me where I was, a little town called Treasure Town, and he had a home on the other side of it. I didn't really ask about it; that was his business. Plus, I'm a strange Pokémon who appeared out of nowhere, even if I did help him retrieve his relic fragment, if I were switched places with him, I wouldn't trust me. At least, I don't think I would. Maybe I've underestimated how valuable the little rock was to him?

     We didn't go into town, since we only had to go north of the beach to see the Guild. Though what I saw was just a small Wigglytuff-styled tent at the top of a hill. "That's the Guild? No one lives there, right?" I asked as we walked up the carved stairs to it. I wasn't looking where I was going, and stepped on a grate. I jumped back, I didn't like standing on something my leg could possibly go through. Peering over the grate, I stared down into darkness.

     "Pokémon detected!" a voice called from inside the grate. A rumbling voice came after, seemingly to relay the message. Then the two Pokémon seemed to argue.

     "CHARMANDER?" came the loudest voice I've ever heard. My head pounded slightly.

     The bars in front of the entrance started to lift, and Pika walked forward. I followed Pika into the Guild.

     At the bottom of the first ladder, to the left was another ladder, going down another floor. Somehow there were windows even though the place was underground, and it was buzzing with activity. Farfetch'd, Swellow, Wurmple, Seedot, Pidgey and more were there, talking. The ladders we climbed down were in the middle of the northern wall, with notice boards in either side.

     "Wow! So this is Wigglytuff's Guild! There are so many Pokémon! I wonder if they're all exploration teams?" Pika was looking around, his eyes practically glowing. I was more skeptical. If these Pokémon weren't part of an exploration team, why were they here?

     "Excuse me!" called a voice. A Chatot came flapping up from the ladder that led down another level. He walked over to us. "You two are the Pokémon who just came in, right?" he asked us.

     "Y-yes," Pika stammered, somewhat confused. I narrowed my eyes. This place was supposed to be a good place, I knew, but trust wasn't something I felt I would normally throw out to others. Pika was an exception.

     The Chatot nodded. "I'm Chatot! ♪ I'm the Pokémon in the know in these parts! I am Guildmaster Wigglytuff's right-hand Pokémon ♪ " The Pokémon's expression changed. "Now, shoo! Leave the premises! We have no time for sales Pokémon or silly surveys. Off you go, if you please!" He started ushering us to the exit ladder.

     "Wait!" I said. "That's not why we're here! I need to know something," I said, pulling out my bag. "Do you think anyone here knows, or knew, me?" I pointed to the badge on the buckle. "This is your Guild's badge, right?" The Pokémon stopped trying to usher us out.

     "And you are...?" Chatot asked.

     "My name is Pearl. I used to be a human, I think." I pulled out the picture of me as a human and the Treecko. "Do you know anyone who might know a Treecko, or maybe an evolution of one?"

     "No, no humans nor Treecko have been in Treasure town as far as I know. But that is one of our badges, though it looks like a slightly different style to the current one. How did you get that?" Chatot regarded me through narrowed eyes.

     Pika came to my rescue. "Chatot, we'd like to make an exploration team. That's why we came: we want to be trained as an exploration team!" he blurted.

     "Wait, isn't that a bit aburpt?" I asked, confused, though thankful that that seemed to distract Chatot from questioning me any further.

     Chatot's jaw seemed to hit the ground, and his eyes buldged from his skull. He flared open his wings, and I flinched, thinking he might attack us. "Wh-what?! Exploration team?" He then turned from us. "It's rare to see a kid like this want to apprentice at the Guild. Especially given how hard training is! Surely the steady stream of Pokémon who run away from our rigorous training proves how true that is!"