17.

i love lotto 

exo are kings 

Don't forget to read the note and check out the inline comment at the end of the chapter to find out how to read the unedited version of WUAD for free!

WARNING: Mature content ahead! Most of the chapter details on Faye and Demon boy getting touchy feely...beware innocent little ones! 

CHAPTER - SEVENTEEN. 

Today was a Saturday and I was home alone.

It wasn't anything out of the ordinary for me. I was used to it. My dad never spent time with me and now that he had miss fruity around him all the time, he was barely even home. You know, for someone who boldly claimed that he wanted to make up for being a neglectful father, he wasn't doing a good job...not that I cared. Sure, it was annoying that he said that and failed to live up to it but at this point, I didn't have many expectations from my father. We had a comfortable distant relationship, and maybe that was how it'd remain.

And as for demon boy, he was still a no show. I wanted to say that I didn't care. But over time, sadness and anger morphed to curiosity. I didn't understand why he'd just vanished like that. If it was just because of what we'd done on new year's night, then he was a pretty immature demon. Not that he'd done anything to convince me that he wasn't. And today...well, today was exactly one month and one week since he'd been gone.

I lazed around my empty house until the afternoon, watching K-dramas, ignoring the noises of the eggs and rocks being thrown at my house like they are every year, courtesy of the popular kids in school. Jennifer had shown up to my house after the noises had stopped.

"Hey Faye, sorry for all that shit being thrown at your house," She'd given me a judgmental stare. "I tried to stop my friends but it's kind of tradition. You know, a little love from the popular kids to ones at the bottom of the social ladder." She'd shrugged. Then she'd smiled like the witch she was, "How sweet is it to be meeting like though? Brings back all the memories of back when we were friends." She spits out the word like she's disgusted by it, topping it off with a sugary grin.