21.

the chorus is so catchy i can't 

cannot apologize enough for how inconsistent I have been with uploading this story. it's been such a hectic couple of months with university and my dissertation is legit killing me. hopefully I can manage find time to write and upload x 

if you want to continue to read WUAD however, check out the note at the end of the chapter that'll guide you to where you can read the unedited version of WUAD for free! xx 

CHAPTER - TWENTY ONE

Am I hungover?

That can't be it. I didn't even drink. Then what was this nauseating, sick feeling in my stomach? I felt feverish, my body burning up, the burn increasing every second. My teeth began to chatter even though I'm not cold.

Goosebumps raise on my skin. I look at my arm, my gaze sharpening and narrowing until I can see every fine hair on my arm zoomed to every skin cell. I blink, looking away at the wall. A similar thing happens with the wall. Why was I able to see everything so clearly, so sharply, like it was magnified? I grimace, lifting myself on my bed.

When did I get on my bed?

A loud thumping distracts me, my vision turning hazy and out of focus. It takes me a minute to realize that it's my own heartbeat I'm hearing. And not just my heartbeat, I can hear everything. From the chirping of the birds outside to my own blood rushing through my veins. It's nauseating. I rub my stomach, trying to stop myself from wanting to throw up. Drops of sweat roll down my temples as I struggle to stay conscious, the unexplainable feeling inside me growing, festering, gearing to attack.

"It's the transition," A voice floats to my ears from a distance.

I look up to see Demon boy leaning on the door frame, his hands crossed in front of his chest. His face is unreadable. Though I wouldn't be able to tell what he's feeling anyway with the way I am at the moment. I tried to focus on his blurry form.

"What?" I slur. Demon boy strolls closer, seeming calm and collected. "What transition?" I press, my mouth dry. I'm unable to think for some reason. I can only feel. My gums begin to ache and my bones feel like they're going to shatter. There's a searing pain in my head and pain hits my eyes so hard, I close them, crying out, endless tears falling from my eyes. It feels like blood tears are seeping down my cheeks as I fight the burn in me, trying to stop its growth.

Demon boy avoids my eyes, "The transition to a demon."

I gasp, pain searing through me. Demon boy's at my side in a flash. "Don't fight it, Faye. You'll only make it harder on yourself." I don't know why but I listen to him. I let him coax me into giving up control. The burn flourishes in my body, inhabiting every cell, taking over my body completely. Letting go feels good. It's more of a powerful feeling than a burn now. My resistance caused the pain but accepting it was helping me thrive.