Chapter One

Chapter One

--Kindly put your playlist here--

"They think she has everything. They think she has the perfect life, with the perfect family and a perfect guy. But what they don't know is that, she cries herself to sleep. I guess there's more to it than meets the eye." - Anonymous

Stella's POV

My name is Stella Valiente. I'm 23 years old. Six months ago, I graduated a marketing degree in one of the top universities in California. My parents expected me to help in our family business, but I was taking my time – relaxing and living life to the fullest. No one's pressuring me to work anyway. With my status in life, I really don't need to work.

I am also a pianist. I learned to play piano since I was four years old. At first, I really hated it, but because I was forced into it by my mother, I learned to love it. Last year, was the first time I joined a major piano competition in Italy and I had the honor of winning third place. Not too bad for a first timer like me.

I was named Stella by my parents, because I was their star. When you searched the meaning of my name in google, you would learn that my name meant - a dreamgirl, a fairy and queen of stars.

Yes. I was like a star... I felt and dressed like a star, every single day of my life... since I was born.

I was lavished with EVERYTHING in life. Luxurious lifestyle, such as traveling in style with our very own private jets, vacationing in our private villas in Italy, Bora bora, Australia and Philippines - and dined in the world's most expensive restaurants.

My wardrobe? I had a fully equipped three story closet. All sorts of signature gowns and dresses – formal and informal wear... varied coats, in fur, mink and sable... very costly shoes, mostly 6-inch killer stiletto heels and countless accessories: hats, headbands, scarf, hankies, sunglasses, etc. there was no room for cheap clothes.

I had a separate room for my jewelries

I had a separate room for my jewelries. Necklaces, chokers, bangles, bracelets, earrings, anklets, rings, brooch, etc. in different designs, made with rare gemstones: natural pearls, diamonds, rubies, topaz and others. I inherited most of these jewelries from my great grandmother who was a Russian princess, Vera Petrovna.

A few girls in high school hated me and talked behind my back. They said I was acting and talking like royalty... as if I was the queen of England. But they didn't know that I was indeed a part of a royal family. Royal blood ran through my veins. Aside from having a princess great grandmother, my great great grandfather also was a Russian King. In Russia and even in Italy, people addressed me as Lady Stella.

I was the only daughter and youngest child of my parents, Rafael Lawrence Valiente and Natalia Castello Monteiro. Both of my parents came from two of the world's richest families, the Valiente's and Monteiro's.