Chapter Two

Chapter Two (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here—

"The worst feeling is pretending you don't care about someone, when really it's that person all you seem to think about." - Pinterest

Tristan's POV

'Tristan... shh.... Stop crying. You know I love you, my baby boy... I'll be back and get you, I promise.'

That was my mom's last words to me, and that happened when I was barely four years old - about twenty three years ago.

Every day since that day, I kept on waiting for her to come back – but she never did

Every day since that day, I kept on waiting for her to come back – but she never did. She broke her promise.

I didn't understand what really happened. We were once a happy family. My parents even seemed so much in love.

I remembered dad chasing after mom almost everytime he came back from work. Mom looked so happy, giggling and running towards their bedroom.

Everytime they played like that, I felt so left out – they ignored me like I didn't exist. I followed them to the bedroom, but the door was locked. I was so naïve at that time. I thought they were praying, because mom kept on calling and screaming for 'God.'

Dad pampered mom too much. Almost everyday, mom went out shopping, buying tons of very expensive clothes, shoes, bags and accessories. She was very addicted in shopping. She always kept up with the latest fashion trends. She bought too many expensive useless things that our house was like a department store.

 She bought too many expensive useless things that our house was like a department store

Dad understood. He always understood – because he was such a nice guy.

He said that when mom was young, she was deprived of the beautiful clothes, shoes and bags. All her things were old and hand-me-downs from her mom's employer.

My mom's mother was a housekeeper of a rich family in New Zealand. She got pregnant by her employer's only son – my grandpa, Michael Chandler.

Mom grew up in Wellington, New Zealand. Her aunt took care of her. She was eighteen when she was acknowledged as part of the Chandler family. The time when her mother died. And at that same year, she married my father – Richard Latsis, a greek billionaire businessman, who was based in New York.