Intro

This was originally written as a private book – exclusive to my flock – designed to help my supporters navigate the web slightly more safely than they may do already, especially the younger members. By using https in places, Wattpad now has the appearance of a secure site so I am going to publish the first few chapters publicly. Let me know what you think of it, or if its content should be hidden from the rest of WP. If I get enough replies, I will make the remaining chapters private and secret, just for the flock. If you guys want it to stay public, let me know.

Each chapter has different links to external websites or articles that support the text, placed in the comments boxes below the chapter. You can open them in another window while you read what I have to say. Some of these websites have stealthy trackers that will follow you around the web. If you do not have relevant protection, check out the page link in the comment box below, which suggests some. :)

This book will probably attract three types of reader:

1. Someone who knows all this stuff and will a) actually be positive and add to the information pool by contributing useful comments, material or links; b) project a negative vibe and try to catch me out, or even discredit me (I don't care).

2. Someone who knows none of this stuff and either doesn't believe it, or will have their mind blown.

3. Someone with an open mind, who knows some of it and wants to know more. :)

I welcome all readers, lord knows we poor writers need them, but please try to be positive where you can if you want to comment. If you can add to this book please do – remember, this is an organic process we can all improve together. The flock will be grateful, even if you aren't one of its revered and heroic members.

Dear supporters,

When I was ten, older people standing on their stoops or leaning on their walls, looked out for my playmates and me, ever vigilant: a legion of kindly aunts and uncles.

I was always the guy in the gang who watched over the younger ones, nurturing, encouraging, educating, protecting. Later in life I continued to do this as an art sector professional be it developing young talent in music, writing, recording and performance or risk assessments for my young charges required by official bodies and authorities.

I do not write this book for glory, profit or spite. I don't care about attracting more followers or reads. It is simply a document that may interest parents, children, and anyone in between. When I see exploitation of the young and vulnerable my skin ripples with my boiling blood. This is probably the main motive for writing this book.

FP