Chapter 7

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
- Norman Vincent Peale

         ********

Song for this chapter- Rude Boy- Rihanna

( Song suggestions are welcome)

          **********

Picture on the side- The much awaited picture of Jason. (Played by Chace Crawford, yesss!)

Special thanks to CodedIvy200 for her encouraging words. Love you loads. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It just doesn't make sense." Lexi said entering the house.

"Yeah, tell me about it." I sighed behind her.

"Jason was hanging out with Marco! Why is that bastard not in jail?". Anger and uncertainty seeped from her words. She huffed in frustration and sat on the couch. I followed suit.

"I don't know Lexi", I responded. "I'm just as clueless and confused as you are, if not more."

"Cia, I understand how you're feeling." She placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "Look I'm always here for you okay? Don't you ever dare to feel alone."

I smiled at her with saddened eyes. " I know", I spoke softly. "I just thought that tonight would be good and it was, you know up until........Ugh. I have no idea what to believe and who to believe anymore."

"I know, this complete pandemonium, it's out of our understanding and right now it's giving me a head ache. But you know there is always your best friend whom you can trust and believe and I say chuck it. Chuck it. Let's just remember the good part and leave the bad and confusing part behind. That's how life works." Lexi made an attempt to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Hmm, I guess you're right", I drawled. "Well Noah was okay.."

"Okay? Just okay. Cia you were laughing like a deranged person. You're telling me that a person who makes you laugh like that is just okay? You're kidding me." She crossed her hands on her chest and shook her head in disbelief.

"I don't know if you noticed or not, but the movie was quite funny", I told her as a matter of fact.

"What are you talking about? Of course I noticed. I mean what else would I be doing?" She said rolling her eyes.

"Oh yeah?" Then tell me what was the name of the main character?" I raised one eye brow in challenge.

"Really? You think I don't even know the name of the main character. That's so easy." She said, trying to act cool and composed but I knew better.

"Answer my easy question then", I said coolly.

"Well, Jennifer Aniston", it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Yes and what was the name of the character she played in the movie?" I was trying my best to suppress my laughter.

"Um, I...well I...." she sputtered.

"You have no idea." I stated.

"Urgh , fine whatever. You win. I don't know. Happy?" She blurted.

"Of course I win. You know you love me." I smiled confidently at her.

"No, right now I don't." She picked up a cushion from the couch and smacked me across the forehead. "Now I do", she declared.

"Oh no you didn't", I picked up another cushion and slapped her shoulder with it. "You really didn't think that you were going to get away with that, did you?"