Chapter 9

"I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you." 

-Friedrich Nietzsche

            *******

Songs for this chapter-Bad Blood- Taylor Swift

                                                Cool Kids- Echosmith

( Song suggestions are welcome)

                 ********

Happy Reading!

____________________________________________________

"Armel I can explain." I slumped in the seat next to him in the cafeteria.  Armel was a fast walker and I a slow runner, so it is no surprise that I was short of breath and breathing heavily from the chasing I had done.

However, despite my continuous pleadings and a few failed attempts to portray 'puppy-dog' eyes, he hardly paid any heed to me. There is no denying of the fact that he was incredibly mad at me and he had every right to be but at least he should give me a chance to explain.

"Hi guys! Where were you?" I turned my head to see Tia walking towards us. "I waited for you both but I was terribly hungry, so I already ate." She was blushing slightly from the confession.

"Oh no, that's fine Tia. Come take a seat." I motioned her to sit down. She smiled and sat down.

"What's up with you Armel, someone chiseled that sneer on your face." She said jokingly. Little did she knew that he was in no mood for jokes.

"Funny Tia, remind me to laugh later", he responded dryly.

"Hey", Tia sounded offended. "What did I do?"

"Nothing", I was quick to interject. "It's not something you did, it's something I did. I want to explain but he just isn't ready to listen."

"I'm not ready to listen?",Armel spoke rapidly. "Lucia I kept asking you what was going on but you never gave me a reasonable answer and I like a trusting fool believed you." His voice was almost a whisper but I could not miss the anger dripping from his words. "And when I came out of the class", he continued, " the last thing I expected to see was you kissing that boy, so much for not knowing him."

"WHAT?" "NO!" Tia and I spoke at the same time. Both of us turned to face each other. She shook her head. "I'm not getting any of this. What guy? What kiss? Anyone care to explain?"

"Ask her." Armel said. Tia raised an eye brow at me.

"Yes! Ask me. That's what I've been trying to explain. Now will you at least listen to me?" I huffed loudly.

"I'm sure we'd like to." Tia was looking at Armel as if expecting a sign from him indicating that it was okay to hear me out. Her eyes were almost pleading. Armel turned to me. "All right". He said.

"Thank God!", I exclaimed. "Okay guys there is something I need to tell you."

"No shit." Tia commented.

"Yeah",  agreed Armel.

"So where do I start?" 

"The beginning.", they responded in unison.

"Okay."

And then I told them the entire story, from  the night Jason saved me to the morning he kissed me, without divulging much into details. It was hard for me to tell them the entire ordeal but hearing it out loud in my own words, I have to admit, helped me get a better jist of things and paint a clearer picture of events in my head. It also gave me some sort relief, like finally I was able to get rid of the excess baggage I had been carrying around with myself.