Chapter 9: The Date With River

Ello!!!!!!

How is everyone doing???

Guys weired out yet by my craziness????

If so. Then I'm sorry.

Ya that was a lie lmao.

Okay but seriously. Because school has started, I will focusing on school. I am in anatomy so I really need to focus on that class. BUT I will still be updating when I can. So with this in mind, please know that I will not update every day. So please be respectful and don't ask me when I am going to update. Because I will not know myself. I will try to update whenever I can and I do not know when that will be.

So please do not get mad if I don't update soon. So no one ask me when I am going to update or keep saying update in the comments. You can say stuff like 'I can't wait for the next chapter' or something like that. That is totally fine. But please do not pressure me into updating. I need to focus on school as well.

Thank you for understanding *kisses for everyone!*

And also guess who has an ulcer due to her medication from the car accident.

Me!

My summer is going great so far!!! :D

Note my sarcasm...

On with da story!

---------------------------------------

Jack

"Damn girl." Micah laughed as we both cleaned up the table from the last surgery.

"What?" I mumbled as I stared down the table.

"You must really be thinking."

"Why do you say that?" I asked looking up at her.

"You've been cleaning that same spot for the last 10 minutes." Micah laughed.

I looked down and groaned.

She's right.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled as I cleaned more of the table. "I'm just thinking a lot about this date."

"What's got you overthinking?" Micah asked sincerely.

I shrugged. "I don't know. River seemed really nice when I ran into him at Starbucks. Then he got really weird when he heard that I have a date. And how he ruined my date by dumping his drink on Errold. What if he is like a control freak or something?"

Micah gave me a look. "Really? Jack. You could kick his ass if he tried to control you that much. You know that. And he did say he was jealous. Jealousy makes us do crazy things. And he bought you coffee AND an entire book series girl. I'd say give him a chance."

"You think?" I asked as I set the sponge down in the sink.

Micah nodded. "He's your type. Tall, tan, and handsome. And he seems rich."

I laughed and rolled my eyes at her. "You would say that."

Micah winked. "And when you guys get married, we can go get food and use his card."

"But what if he turns out to be like Derek?" I asked getting scared.

Maybe this lunch isn't a good idea.

"Jack." Micah smiled. "Not all guys are like Derek."

"All the ones I date are." I scoffed.

Micah shook her head. "Give him a chance. Maybe he'll really make you happy."

"Jack?" Mrs. Underwood asked as she knocked on the door.

"Yes?" I asked as I opened it up.

"A young man is asking for your presence. His name is River."