¢нαρтєя 16

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

¢нαρтєя 16

VVV

Avan's body was beat. The bloody wounds gashing everywhere on his mate's pure white carpet, while Morino made his getaway. The slight whiff of Leah's scent drove him insane, his bloody wolf limps to her unconscious body. His snout nudging her arm, he rests next to her his tongue lolling out as he breathes deeply in her smell.

The slight smell of Adeline was there, but Avan didn't really care. All he cared was that his mate was away from Morino's wrath, even if it might cost him a finger or two to keep Leah, he knew without a doubt it was much safer that she be with him rather away from him.

He was bringing her back to his pack, and he himself too was going to live there now, knowing he found a compatible partner. His prostitute days were over, now he had his mate.

Whom he loved, dearly. He could only wonder why Morino wondered near his territory, the Morino's were known to reside in the heart of Italy.

Why come anywhere near Virginia?

Meanwhile... Adeline's crazed look as she runs pass the heavily wooded area was quite noticed by the animals living there. They avoided her, while in return she avoided them. She'd need to get as far as possible from Morino. She couldn't let him hurt her like he did before.

But then again she really did deserve it.

She fell in love with someone else, while she was with him.

While... Aiden loads his gun with pure silver bullets, while his father locked up their underground celler. They didn't go anywhere near the Carribeans, his father brought him here to train. To kill monsters that roamed the night, Aiden didn't cheat on his beautiful girlfriend.

Though he did know how much of a douche he was. But sometimes the worst personalities could protect the ones he loved.

And that was Leah.

"Son, are you ready to kill the monsters?"

His father asks, sharpening the silver knife. Aiden goes rigid.

"Yes."

VVV

A warm hand grasping my thigh awakens me rudely. My eyes shot open, as I find a big hand covering the top of my thigh. I was in my room, Avan beside me.

A quiet shiver rolls through me. Did we? No, I promised myself, I'd never. But Avan's bare chest tells me otherwise. However I remained close, causing to have a sigh in relief. Maybe we didn't after all. It was still a possibility, gulping slowly I remove his hand away from my thigh. Though his hand only moves to my waist instead, as I begin to repeat the process of removing his hand again, he groans.

"Stop it, angel." He mumbles, sniffling into my neck. I feel the heat stroll past my cheeks before I remember of Adeline and her horrible predicament. Ethan. Dread soon fills my entire body, as I scramble away from him and his naked chested self.

The bedsheets covered anything below his waistline, however it didn't stop my eyes from wondering. I see Avan smirk, which was quite rare in my opinion. I shiver from his heated stare, "W-where am- where's Adeline?" I question more bravely after messing up the first time. He frowns, "I really don't know."

The right side of my mind takes over once more, "Wait! Why was I in bed with a m-monster?" I asked bluntly, however blushing as I replay my sentence in my head. "I m-mean, sorry." I apologize as I realize it must be rude calling him a monster. He shrugs, "It's the truth."

"Morino tried to kill you last night, he ran after we fought a bit." He mutters, running his hand through his bed head.

"You know Morino?" I ask curiously, "No, don't answer that! We need to help Addie! She's going to be killed by Ethan." I quickly say, my head filling up with fearful thoughts.

I see Avan roll his eyes, "Angel, it seemed to me Morino was looking for his mate. Which just might be Adeline. Don't worry he won't hurt her." Avan reassures.

I scoff, "He already did. A year ago." Avan's interest sky rocketed.

"How do you know him?"

"No time for talking! We need to save Adeline." I say, rushing to my front door. A hand stops me however. Receiving goosebumps, I gasp as pleasant shocks traveled up my arm. "Angel, I need you to tell me about Morino and Adeline." He states, hugging me from behind.

"Get away from me monster!" I screamed, "Stop playing these- these mind games!" I yelled angrily. He was playing with me, my heart thumps loudly against my ribcage to the extent where even I think he can hear it.

"Angel, calm down. Please." He begged, his form shortening as he leans closer to me. I see my bedsheets wrapped around his waist.

I sniffle as quiet tears fall through my defenses. "Ten years ago, I was in middle school. So was Adeline, she was a year below me. A new boy moved next door, he began hanging out with us his name was Ethan Morino. We became the trio, of the school. We grew up together, and when prom passed, he asked Addie to marry him. She refused, she was always the party girl you see." I say, wiping the sad tears rolling down my face. Avan pulls me chest deep, and hugs me.

His warmth comforts me, even if he was a monster I didn't care, he saved me a man that would save me is not a monster. He may look like one, but his heart wasn't. "She slept round for awhile however went broke, and decided to marry Ethan for his money. While she was married to him, she fell in love with his best friend. A-and he got so mad when he found out, he h-hit her. H-he raped her, h-he almost killed her." I hiccuped, Avan's thick arms still wrap around my waist.

"We'll save her. I promise."

VVV

Aiden smirks as he landed a bullet through the disgusting monster's head. He was content with his skills. Now he would go back, he would go back to his girl. So he could terminate the threat which lurked in the darkness of the woods.

"Son, it's time."

* * * * *
Heya! I wonder how you guys would feel if I released another book soon, werewolf, near the epilogue time. But no worries the epilogue is far from here! I think... No I'm pretty sure.

Anyways...

My Goals:

105 Votes
14 Comments

Love,
Margareth Valley

P.S.
For those whom actually read these, I'm asking which is better? ^^^ Above two different versions of Avan's new cover.

Sample A. Regular
Sample B. Rocky Texture

OR

Did you guys like the old ones better?

P.P.S.
Must watch ^^^ XD Haha, 'Linda, Linda, honey, listen to me' that was hilarious.