Chapter Two: Because Destiny Says So

Merlynn//Chapter Two: Because Destiny Says So

"Merlynn... Merlynn..." A deep voice called. Merlynn woke, it was the day after she insulted the prince and the night in the cell was rather quiet. The voice was coming from the floor beneath her, she got up and backed away,

"Merlynn..."

Merlynn moved towards the floor and examined it. "Merlynn!" Merlynn whipped around and stood up from where she was as Gaius walked in, he was annoyed. Obviously. "You never cease to amaze me! The one thing that someone like you should do is keep your head down, and what do you do? You behave like an idiot." He ranted. "I'm sorry." She tried. Gaius seemed to calm down.

"You're lucky. I managed to pull a few strings to get you released."

"Oh, thank you! Thank you!" She cried. Gaius looked at the girl disapprovingly for her being excited. "I won't forget this." She said."Well, there is a small price to pay."

~•~•~•~

A tomato hit her in the face and slid down and landed on the ground. There was a group of children throwing fruit and vegetables at her Merlynn winced as a potato hit her on the left cheek.

"Oh, no." She muttered. Gaius laughed and walked off. The children soon ran out of ammo and ran away to get more. The dark-skinned girl from the window approached. "I'm Guinevere, but most people call me Gwen. I'm the Lady Morgana's maid." Guinervere introduced. "Right. I'm Merlin." Merlynn reached her hand further out of the stocks to shake Gwen's. "Although, most people just call me Idiot."

"No, no, no. I saw what you did. It was so brave."

"It was stupid."

"Well, I'm glad you walked away. You weren't going to beat him."

Merlynn snorted. "Oh, I- I can beat him."

"You think? Because your a woman, I'm not saying that woman can't beat men or anything it's just you don't look like one that could... "

"Thanks." Merlynn said offended. 

"No! No, I'm sure you're stronger than you look. It's just, erm... Arthur's one of these real rough, tough, save the world kind of men, and... well..."

"What?"

"You don't look like you could stand a chance against a punching bag." Merlynn motioned Gwen to lean closer. "I'm in disguise." She said with a smile. Gwen laughed. "Well, it's great you stood up to him." She said straightening up again. "What? You think so?" Merlynn asked with a smile. "Arthur's a bully, and everyone thought you were a real hero." "Oh, yeah?" Gwen nodded."Mm-hmm." The children returned with more rotten fruit. "Oh, excuse me, Guinevere. My fans are waiting."
Gwen smiled and left as the children started pelting more fruit at Merlynn.

Arthur stood at the back of the crowd, hidden from the children's or Merlynn's view. He watched rather amused as the girl, morgana's maid, gwen? He thought her name was talked to the boy. "So are we now picking on girls sire?" Asked Gaius standing next to Arthur. "Girls?" Arthur asked both shocked and confused. Gaius nodded. "Yes, Merlynn is in fact a woman." Arthur looked like he just discovered his father was a pixie, complete and utter shock. "Woman..." He said aloud to no one in particular. "Then, if she is a girl, shouldn't she be wearing a dress?" Arthur asked. Gaius looked at Merlynn with a smile. "I gave her a dress, she refused to wear it, she said something about moving in it. Said she wondered how females put up with it or something." Arthur looked more shocked then ever. A woman? Refuse to wear a dress? In some country's that is a crime. Arthur turned around and walked back to his chambers, if you looked close enough as Arthur passed you, you would be able to see a hint of a smile upon his face.