Chapter Eight

(Picture of Kristen)

Please point out mistakes!

Kristen's P.O.V

A soft duvet hugged my body as I awakened. Everything felt perfect against my skin, as I stretched in the bed. I stiffened when I realised it wasn't my bed. Everything that happened yesterday flashed through my mind. I remembered falling asleep on the couch, after being pressed against Emanual.

He buried his face further against the crook of my neck. His breath was repeatedly hitting my skin and I had to suppress a whimper. How could something feel so wonderful? His touch was addictive. Everywhere on my body, the sparks could be felt, flying like fireworks. I pinched the fabric of his shirt between my fingers, and a sigh left my lungs.

It was when his tongue made its way to my skin, I tensed. This shouldn't be happening. My hands pushed against his chest. His arms didn't leave my waist, almost refusing to let go. He lifted his head as he seemed to snap back to reality, and he stepped back when his eyes caught sight of my expression.

I recall spending the rest of the day watching television, barely focusing on the show as my thoughts had taken up most of my mind. He had made me dinner, a dish of pasta was served on the dining table, followed by a few questions, which I had either ignored or answered shortly. I must have fallen asleep on the couch afterwards. But how had I ended up here? A blush crept up to my cheeks as I realised someone must have carried me. Maybe that someone was him?

The duvet ruffled as I sat up, bending my knees and rested my head in my hands. Thoughts were bouncing around my head, all as confused as me. I was here against my will, but my body seemed to love it. It loved having him close. I'd never felt this way about someone. Was I forming a crush on this man? I froze at that crazy idea. Crazy, but sort of true.

"I'm going insane," I concluded for myself, my voice sounding more fragile than usual. I had to escape before my mind snapped and I'd end up falling for him.

The early sun glowed through the huge windows, warming up the room, and I stumbled out of bed. This could be my escape. Silent thuds sounded as I walked across the room, careful not to make too much noise. Reaching the window, I looked through and notice I was upstairs. Which meant I'd either have to crawl down or jump down, risking getting seriously injured and caught.

Most of the windows were sealed shut, but to my relief, one of them was able to open. I felt myself getting more nervous, as I got to my escape. My clammy palms fidgeted around the handle. I was totally alert, ready to scramble and hide if somebody decided to walk through the wooden door. Luckily, the size of the window was more than enough for me to slip through. My hand gripped the frame of the window for support as I swung my legs out of the window, one by one. Sitting on the edge, I turned my head and with one last glance at the door, I took a deep breath and slipped out. I was hanging with my stomach against the wall, my slippery hands desperately clinging to the frame. I had to remind myself why I was doing this before I searched for a foothold with my feet. I breathed out, and slowly let go of the window, making sure to stay pressed against the wall. I couldn't fall now. I just needed to crawl a bit more, and I'd be free. I used that thought for motivation as I continued to climb down. My hands were getting sweatier and it became harder me to maintain a grip.

"C'mon, you can do this," I whispered to myself, trying to build up the courage to jump. Wishing I wouldn't regret this, I pressed my hands against the wood, pushed myself off my foothold and slipped through the air. My legs were tense as I landed on the ground, causing a shock to speed through my legs and a dull pain to spread through them. Not being able to wait for the pain to subside, I sneaked a bit further into the woods, as some windows of the house were placed directly where I stood. I began to walk faster through the woods, the trees were getting more and more packed. Was I only going further into the forest? I shook the feeling off, getting away from the house and the people in it was the most important task at the moment.

I started running at a slow speed to make sure I didn't tire myself out. I could hear my heartbeat racing in my ears, as I stumbled through the forest. My feet kept getting caught in tree roots, only making it harder for me to dodge the trees, which were standing in my way. My breathing was uneven and I couldn't stop myself from running faster. The fear of them catching me was eating me up, making it hard to focus on anything else.

Running through the woods, I continued till I couldn't see the colour of the house between the trees behind me. Everything was silent here. I stopped to catch my breath, still alert for any sounds. But the only thing I could hear was the birds, chirping without a care in the world, and the wind playing with the leaves of the trees. Everything was so calm, so quiet. It slightly calmed my nerves, and I told myself to breathe. I needed to pull myself together if I wanted to successfully escape this nightmare.

After standing for a minute, I forced myself to continue walking. My stomach was hurting, I didn't eat a lot the day before, and running around sure didn't ease the hunger. As I walked past trees, I halted to stop in surprise. Furrowing my eyebrows, I examined the odd line in the ground. Small rocks were dug into the ground, showing some kind of boundary. What was this?

I was about to walk closer, wanting to touch the smooth looking rocks, when suddenly, two men emerged from some trees on the other side of the line of rocks. I was guessing they were in their thirties, soft lines carved into both of their worn out faces. I jumped up. This could be my escape.

"Please help!" I quickly walked towards them, relief washing over me.

"Someone kidnapped me and I-I escaped, but I don't know w-when they'll come after me. Please help me!" I rushed out the pleas, causing my voice to stutter. One of the men's eyes widened and his mouth fell apart.

"Wow, wow, wow. Calm down. Who kidnapped you?" He moved both of his hands down, implying for me to slow down. My anxiety was rising rapidly, I could hear my heart hammering against my ribcage.

"I don't know, some insane man!" I was slowly becoming more frantic. What if they came? What would they do to these two men? I still hadn't crossed the odd border on the ground, as if it would make a difference. As if it was important I stayed on this side. They had moved closer to it, though, nearly crossing it. I didn't know why I noticed this, but it seemed so meaningful, this line of rocks.

I watched as the two men's eyes suddenly got huge, filled with fear. I heard feet crunching against the dry earth and I tensed. Someone was clearly behind me.

___________________________________________________________________

Hellooo

you can probably guess who it is, so i dunno if it's really a cliffhanger but oh well!

and if you don't really get what's happening, it's because you haven't reread the last 3 chapter. if so, please please please do! :)

As usual, thank you very much for reading this and if you liked it, please...

VOTE

COMMENT

thank you again!

-Micah x