Chapter 2

We took the long way to the campus, crossing the river to get to the dodgier part of town to drop Joshua home first. They lived in a fairly new looking townhouse, in an area dubbed the Lego village because all the houses looked the same. It looked like a nice place to live, if only it wasn't on the edge of a part of town I wouldn't normally be caught dead in at any time of day, let alone night. Actually, I probably would be found dead if I ever did try to walk down the road here.

"Climb in the front, Caly." Aaron directed as Joshua climbed out of the car and shut the door as he bolted for the front porch.

Taking my seat belt off, I slid forward on the seat, put both my legs through the gap between chairs and then moved the rest of my body into the front. The skin on my lower body felt the breeze of movement, and I considered that with the flowing skirt of the dress, I may have exposed more leg than the dress intended. An idea confirmed by the sparkle in Aaron's eye as they lifted from my legs to meet my face. Biting my lip against the hungry look in his eyes, I turned my attention to pulling my seat belt on and waving to Joshua who was waiting on the front porch to watch us drive away.

"So you tutor Josh?" Aaron asked, shifting gears to pick up speed, his hand brushing against my thigh as he did.

I moved my legs casually, adjusting myself on the seat to be more comfortable. I was alone in a car with Aaron Wish, igniter of my hormones, haunter of my wet dreams - yes, if I had a sex dream, he was usually the star - I was sitting on heated black leather seats, but that was not the cause of the sudden rush of heat between my thighs.

"Yes." I blushed and squirmed in my seat. "This will be the fourth year."

"You don't charge him?" Aaron continued.

"I do actually." I smiled. "He brings me a large juice from Boost to every tutoring session since I left school."

Aaron smirked at me. "That doesn't count, Caly. You charge forty dollars from every other student for an hour. You work with Josh for that long and have never charged him."

I shrugged. "I used to charge that. I enjoy tutoring Josh and he's the only person I tutor now."

"Do you enjoy Josh full stop?" Aaron asked plainly.

I looked at him surprised. "Josh and I meet in the hospital cafeteria every Saturday afternoon. How exactly do you think I'm going to be enjoying him in such a public venue?"

Aaron frowned. "I thought you were meeting at the university library?"

I relaxed back in my seat. "That lasted a month after I started university. It's two busses for your brother to get there which is unfair on him. I finish work at the hospital the same time your mum starts, so he catches a lift there with her and then he catches the direct bus to work."

"You work at the hospital?" Aaron looked over at me.

I nodded. "In the radiology department. I got a traineeship in my first year. I'd completed my first year of university before I finished high school, and then I did two units in summer school so I've been able to study a reduced load during semester time and work a part time roster." I informed him. "I work Thursday nights, Saturday and Sunday mornings."

Aaron's grip on the steering wheel tightened. "You got the Technologist Traineeship last year?" I watched Aaron's jaw tighten.

"You applied for it didn't you?" I asked weakly.

"Yes." Aaron gritted. "I need twelve months experience to get accredited when I finish my degree. If I got the traineeship then I would have graduated eligible for immediate accreditation. Instead I'm working the university bar. Accreditation positions are limited and competitive so in all likelihood I'm going to finish my degree and end up working the bar for another four years."