Surprise (42)

NOTE: For a better reading when I point out in the chapter listen to the song "Unfold by Alina Baraz & Galimatias", and when that song ends please listen to "Pretty thoughts by Alina Baraz & Galimatias" ;) 

-----

Pov Keana

I had finally met the famous Karla Estrabao, and honestly, she was entitled to every praise. The stripper was the owner of an out of the ordinary sensuality, and of a body clearly sculpted by the Gods. The brunette with wavy hair made you feel out of orbit just by looking at her, it was a hypnosis in an aura of arousal and desire. Tempting, right? But tempting really was to know that only one woman during all this time had gotten involved with her. Woman that carried the power in her hands, the power that should be mine.

Lauren Jauregui.

The almighty, the monster of the real estate sector. How many times would we cross paths? Life took care of keeping us on the front line in a fight for power and money. Would life add desire now as well? Well, I don't mind, Karla was worthy of being disputed with all possible weapons.

-Did you like her?

I heard Candece ask as she walked towards the couch of that dressing room.

-Yes, she's wonderful.

-I told you, Karla has an out of the ordinary power. There's no human being that doesn't go crazy for her.

-But I see that it doesn't matter much, right? She makes it very clear that she doesn't get involved with the club's customers.

Candece shrugged and approached.

-It mattered to Lauren. She was pretty insistent, and she knew how to play to get what she wanted. She always gets what she wants, right?

The woman was practically challenging me, instigating me in a way that she knew I would accept. I just couldn't understand why. Lauren was a powerful woman, even more than me. If the problem was money, she would be getting along with her, but there was another secret behind. Secret that I still hadn't found out.

-I get everything that I want as well, Candece.

-I know you do, that's why I presented you Karla.

-Why the interest in presenting me this dancer?

The blonde stared at me for a few instants and sighed.

-I like to present what I have best to important people. – she said as she lit a cigarette.

I let out an ironic laugh and turned to her.

-Candece, don't underestimate me.

She nodded and stood up.

-I want to get Lauren out my way, Miss Marie, I don't like how she wants to boss around in what's mine.

-With that you mean Karla?

-Exactly, Karla is what I have best here, and I'm being threatened to lose her to that woman.

-So you think that I'm the solution to your problems?

-If I may, I think you are. You are the only one that'll be able to change all of this.

I smiled, she was good at business.

-I must be.

-I don't want to force you to anything, and let's say that having Karla Estrabao as the final prize is a good business, don't you think?

She certainly was. The stripper was kind of an out of the ordinary woman, something in her instigated me to move forward, to want her. Her intense brown eyes were hot and provocative. I confess to have liked a lot, but something told me that all of that wasn't as unfamiliar as it appeared.