Strategy (49)

Camila Pov

It's incredible how your life can take a turn without you even expecting, things will happen without us even realizing. Maybe with so much turbulence we end up letting the moments pass meaninglessly. I took a deep breath, feeling the oxygen fill my lungs in a slow and smooth way. There was a relaxing silence that morning, I could only hear Lauren's soft breathing beside me.

I smiled as soon as I stared at the sleeping woman. She was lying on her stomach, with one of her legs gently sloping and both her hands under the pillow of my bed. It was incredible how Lauren could be beautiful even sleeping. I, who was sitting in bed, approached a little more, making a light caress on her silky hair. She sighed and continued in her serene sleep.

Yesterday had been more chaotic than I imagined, there were moments where I thanked the chaos of it all, but in others I preferred to not be there. God, how did all that even happen? Couldn't everyone just let me live in peace? I shook my head and sighed heavily. Imagining that Candece was working with Alexa to harm me in some way made my body tremble, I could never expect something like this from the woman that helped me so much. But as they say, everything is a matter of interest. Dinah has always been right all along, Candece is driven by money that I can give her, and not by the feeling that she thought to feel for me.

*Flashback On*

New York - One day after the award show:

-Keana, I don't want problems with Lauren. So, please, understand. - I spoke a little nervous.

-Is Lauren that jealous? - she asked with a smile.

-What do you think?

-I think that there are better things in this life, Camila.

-I love Lauren, and she's the best for me.

-Everything can change. So come, let's talk a little.

I huffed irritated and walked beside the woman to the hotel's restaurant. My heart could come out of my mouth just by imagining Lauren seeing us talk, not that she forbade me of something. But we had an incredible night yesterday and I honestly didn't want to ruin that.

-What do you want? - I asked right after sitting in front of her.

-Do you want to drink something? - she asked ignoring my question.

-No, I just want to know what you want with me.

Keana rolled her eyes in pure boredom, making a small gesture to the waiter that approached. I tried to not look at anyone there, I just wanted to leave as fast as possible. The man wrote down her order and left quickly. I faced Keana who opened a smile.

-Since when did you get so boring, Camilinha? Lauren is not being a good influence.

-I'm just busy, so, please.

-Ok, ok! - she exclaimed raising her hands in surrender - I saw you at the club the other day.

I think my brain took longer than usual to assimilate that information. I blinked a few times and stared at her a little lost.

-Relax, I won't tell anyone. But look, I have to congratulate you, you live up to the reputation you have in that place. - she said with a cheerful smile.

That couldn't be happening, not to me. Years ago I confessed to Keana what I started doing to make money, at the time the totally carefree girl found the idea wonderful. We always had a good relationship, but nothing that involved love, and yes a wonderful friendship. And even with a considered strong connection, I didn't let the woman see me inside a club being a stripper, that would be a secret that only I could keep.