Middle School

Middle School
(Nolan)

"I wonder if I can get pimple boy to do Ms. Tales homework for me." Jake, the most annoying and smelliest out of the group of boys spoke out loud.

The rest of the boys laughed along to the pathetic insult except for Nolan, who was really the quiet but doesn't take shit from anyone, guy in the group.

"What happened to your fingers?" Nolan murmured.

"They don't feel like doing shit this weekend, that's what." He commented, emitting another set of laughter from the small group of four boys plus Nolan.

"Yeah, count me in Jake. Where is the nerd anyway?"

"Probably off kissing the teachers arse,"

With that said Nolan sighed and slammed his locker shut, walking away from the group.

"Hey Tomlinson! Where you going?"

"For lunch! I'm hungry," He replied loudly, hastening his steps to refrain from them asking anymore questions.

Honestly, he wasn't in the mood. He's just got his phone taken away from his dad, he skipped breakfast, and failed that Maths test he's just studied for last night. He couldn't imagine it getting any worse than it is now.

The lunch room was packed when he got there so he decided he'd rather just grab something from the vending machine and save himself the agony of an irrelevant conversation.

He wasn't antisocial by any means, popular with everyone really, but sometimes a guy needed a break from being so social.

After getting himself two cadburys from the machine, he made his way into the gym where the coach didnt mind a few people eating there from time to time. Nolan didnt make it a habit to sit here, but he did like to watch the boys play the intense game that is basketball. They had a decent team, he'd say.

It was after he finished his second bar, wiping his mouth roughly with the back of his hand, was when he saw him. Anyone could have seen the lad a mile away, what with his bright multicolored flared skirt and bright pink top, he was practically a beacon.

He watched as the boy walked bright and confident towards the coach who looked a little bit more than bewildered than appropriate.

Nolan watched the transaction with curiosity. Despite the out of this world outfit the boy had such a delicate face with soft angles rather than shary, buttery tanned skin and curly dirty blonde hair. He was also short, probably 5'3 the most.

When his eyes were able to snap away from the sight, he watched as some of the boys from the team snickered and pointed at the small lad, clearly amused by something.

The lad didn't seem to notice though or care for that matter because he simply jutted his chin towards the ceiling and walked out the gym completely un-phased by the looks he was receiving.

***

It so happened that the boy was placed into Nolan's fourth period block; Maths. It so happened that he was also placed right next to Nolan in the back row of the class.

"Hi," Nolan turned his head towards the voice. It was all light and sugary, if that made any sense. It just sounded so --sweet.

"Hello," Nolan replied, a little awkwardly. The boy was grinning with clean straight white teeth, his gleaming hazel eyes flecked with gold, twinkling.