Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The game ended 5-2 to our team. The other team had scored another goal on Harry just two minutes after the first one. For some strange reason, he'd started concentrating after that goal and ended up playing really well. He'd stopped glancing up at the bleachers every now and then, and a smile had formed on his lips.

I had a feeling the reason why he'd played so well after those goals, was because he'd found the person he'd been looking for in the audience.

At the moment, I was sitting at the table in our kitchen with mum, Mark, Lottie, Fizz, Daisy and Phoebe, eating dinner.

It was silent, except for the constant sound of the cutlery that scraped against our plates.

Mark cleared his throat. "I was talking to my new manager today," he said, chugging down some water.

"And?" Mum wondered.

"And, he asked me if our family wanted to come and eat dinner at his place tomorrow," he continued.

"That sounds lovely, what was his name again?" Mum asked with a smile on her face.

"Robin Twist."

"Oh, right, you can tell him that we'll be there," she said, swallowing a piece of meat.

"Does he have any children?" I asked, looking at Mark.

"Well, he has a stepson about your age, Louis, and a stepdaughter who's three years older than the son," Mark smiled.

I thought about it. Did I know anyone who had a step-dad whose name was Robin Twist? Oh well, I didn't know many people, so let's just hope for the best...

-----

~Tuesday~

I walked to school the next day as usual. It was great that I only lived five minutes away from school, because I was running a little late, and I didn't own a car. Once I finally got there, I made my way to my locker and pulled out my science books.

"Whatcha doing tonight, mate?" I heard someone with an Irish accent say behind me.

I turned around to face my best friend. "I'm actually going to eat dinner at Mark's new manager's place or something," I sighed, shrugging.

Right then, Harry walked by me with a smile on his face. I decided to ignore him and stayed focused on Niall instead. His smile dropped and an obvious sigh escaped his lips.

"Oh, okay, maybe we can hang out another day?" Niall smiled.

I nodded. "That sounds great," I breathed, a little shocked by Harry's actions.

On our way to Science class, I just couldn't stop thinking about Harry. He had smiled when he saw me, but when he had noticed I didn't want to make eye contact with him, it dropped and he let out a sigh? Yeah, that must've been it. But why? Why would he even smile in the first place? I had pretty much told him I never wanted to see him again, so why the smile? Shouldn't he be happy that I had eventually told him I didn't want to talk to him, and ignore me like he wanted to? This didn't make sense at all...

The day passed by pretty slowly. I didn't have either Maths or P.E, so I didn't see Harry as much as usual... which was great. However, I was currently opening the front door to my house.

"Mum, girls, I'm home," I announced.

Seconds later, two girls ran down the stairs towards me. "Looouuu, you're home!" Daisy and Phoebe exclaimed in unison. They wrapped their tiny arms around my legs as they came up to me.