Chapter 10

Author's note: I can't remember if I said that Cameron and Stella were friends since childhood or if they met later on, but from this point on, let's just assume that they've been friends for a long, long time. 

As always, happy reading! xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Stella!”

I groan and pull the pillow over my head. It’s not time to wake up yet. I won’t allow it.

“Stella! Get up.You’ll be late for school.”

“5 more minutes,” I scream, muffled by my pillow.

For a second, I think that there’s finally peace but to my dismay, stomping on the stairs soon follow the silence complete with the near-breaking of my door.

“Stella Justine Roberts, you will get up right now or so help me God, I will drag you out of that bed and down the road to school myself.”

I lift up my head grudgingly and glare at my sister who’s standing by the door way, fully clothed and ready to go.

“What’s the big deal?” I ask her. “You’re not even dropping me off at school today.”

She sighs and rakes a hand through her messy hair. “The big deal is that there are two boys downstairs waiting to drop you off and I’m not entirely comfortable with them alone in our house while you’re being a lazy brat, all asleep and unaware in your bed.”

“It’s just Camer – wait. Did you say two guys?”

“Yes. Two boys. And I know that Cameron’s down there and I trust him since he’s practically been living here since you were 5, but the other one…not so much.”

Without even asking, I know exactly who the other boy is. I mean, who else would Cameron drag along to my house in the early morning? This displays yet another reason why Cameron is so – freaking – dead.

Giving my sister a dismissive wave, I swing my legs off my bed and pad barefooted to my bathroom.

“There better not be any funny business going on here!” she calls after me.

I roll my eyes. “Yeah, yeah.”

“I’m serious, Stella. That other one looks really—

I cut her off by closing the door on her face. Half a minute later, I here the slight noise of her angry huff and stomps out of my room. Feeling satisfied with myself, I go through my daily routine: pee, brush my teeth, wash my face, comb my hair, and get dressed. I was never particularly into makeup because it takes way too much time in the morning and if you ask me, I’d rather spend that time sleeping than making myself pretty for boys. My motto is if guys don’t wear makeup to make themselves “pretty”, then why should I?

In less than 15 minutes, I was prim and proper (by my standards) and ready to give. I give myself one more look-over in the mirror, grab my school bag and head downstairs. When I reach the kitchen, I find Cameron and Jace perched on top the breakfast bar stools, eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch straight out of the bag.

“That’s disgusting!” I say, snatching the bag out of their hands.

Swiping his hand on his jeans, Cameron walks over to my fridge and picks up a box of Corn Pops and begins to eat that. “No, it’s called being practical.”

“How is that being practical? You eat cereal with milk!” I tell him, rolling my eyes.

“True, but you’re out of milk,” Jace says.