Chapter-10

Chapter-10-"I truly loved you and I still do"

Hey guys! If you want to know more about Nick and Pauline and about their past when they were in high school, please read "Beautiful Nerd". The story is short. You can find it on my profile. Reading that story can make you understand Nick and Pauline more and let you know how much they love each other.

Nicolas Witmore's POV

I just stood there in shock with my mouth almost open. She knew? She knew about the bet?! How?! How did she know? She folded her hands near chest and raised an eye-brow at me.

"Shocked?", she asked with arrogance in her voice.

I stared at her not knowing what to say.

"I was also shocked just like you, when I came to know about it. About how you used me for the bet", she spit with venom in her voice. She gave me a disgusted look. I can't bear that look in her eyes for me. No. Please don't look at me like that Pauline.

"Baby girl-", I said taking a step towards her while extending my hand to hold her arm. She instantly moved back, not wanting me to touch her, like my touch burns her skin.

"No! Don't! Stop there!", she ordered while holding her hand up.

"Pauline, Listen-", I started again, wanting for her to hear my desperasion.

"No! There is nothing left for me to hear! It's over! It's all over! I don't want to hear anything that comes out from your mouth! I will not believe you!".

"Please-", I started to plead. Her words hurt me deeply. The words "it's over", hurt like hell!

"Stop!", she shouted with tears straming down her cheeks. I can't see her crying. It hurts me too that she is hurting.

"No! Please Pauline, Baby listen to me!", I said strictly as I went to her and took her face in my hands.

She turned her head away angrily. I sighed.

"Baby. I love you. I have you loved then. My love was never a lie and it still not is! I truly loved you and I still do. I always have and always will!", I said loudly, so she can hear the truth in my words. She looked back at me with anger in her eyes.

"That's what I thought. I did too. I too loved you. So much. But not now. sI won't trust you. May be it is all an act", she said in a low voice. Her words are cutting me deep. I made her look at me.

"No! It's never acting! If I really never loved you, then why would I search for you this long and make you be with me even forcefully?", I asked her. I want to shake her hard and make her see the truth.

"May be this time you have another bet", she said with a breaking voice. I clenched my jaw. She thinks so lowly of me?

"No Baby. You are wrong. It's because I love you and I want to be with you, no matter what. That's why", I said with a lot of emotion in my voice while holding her arms. She looked into my eyes.

"Let's face the truth Nick! You want a.... a play toy! So you can bed her and tell about your sex life to your friends and make fun about how she is a virgin and.... and inexperienced! I was always a play toy to you. Nothing more!", she spit the words.

"WHAT?!", I shouted in anger. What the bullshit is she talking about?! I never did anything like that! Not to her and not to any women!

"It's true", she shrugged.

"Stop it! STOP IT! What the fuck are you talking Pauline?! A play toy?! You were never a play toy to me! Shit! Who put that into your mind?! How can you even think that?! I never thought of you like that! God! I don't talk about any women so cheaply in front of anyone! Especially not about you! How could you even think that?!", I asked shaking her.