CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Allen," Road started in a quiet voice. "We have to leave."

"I know." Came the male's soft response as he looked at the ceiling.

Tyki had a look of concern on his ashen face; golden hues studying the albino. "Is he ready, though, Road? We can stay a little longer if need be."

"I'm fine." Allen's gaze shifted to the other male. "Besides, everyone else is already waiting in my Ark. It'd be rude to keep my guests waiting any longer, wouldn't it?"

After the events at the ball, it was decided by the defecting Noah that the time to act was now. Allen had made his choice; his family. His real family. Even though leaving the Earl would be hard for Dreams, she was already too involved and committed to turn back now. The Fourteenth would become the new Noah leader and act as the Millennium Earl should had. A proposition they eagerly accepted.

For Tyki, it was for his human friends he could no longer see. For Road, it was the new beginning she needed to see. For the twins, it was a chance to become closer to their family. For Wisely, it was to see how this world would play out.

Everything they knew was going to change.

"C'mon, then, Shounen." Patting the boy on the shoulder, the Portuguese man started walking towards Road's door that had replaced Destruction's for easier access.

With a chuckle, the former exorcist looked at his left hand before clenching his fist and nodding. He truly couldn't turn back now. Following the older male, Allen gave a small, sad smile.

The Ninth Apostle noticed this and one of her own painted her face. Giving the room one last look-a final goodbye-she closed the door behind her, severing the connection between the Arks.

The sight they were greeted with were of smiling faces and determined golden eyes. They were ready to fight.

The clock struck midnight on the bell tower; it's chime left a nostalgic feeling.

The tides have changed.