Nine

Harry didn't lay with Louis that night

Harry didn't lay with Louis that night. He just stayed on his roof and thought.

It bothered him that Louis wanted to go back. He knew he had a right to want to go but if he actually wanted to go that meant that Harry would go back to being alone. Back to picking at his stitches. And back to wasting all of his time with Niall and Liam.

Even though Louis had been with him for only over a week, he felt connected to him. He had been talking more and actually enjoying the way he looked because even a stranger could look at him like a person. He actually wanted to look in a mirror for the first time in two years.

He always just hurried past the mirror that hung above the sink when he was in the bathroom. Never looking at himself because he didn't want to see what other people saw. He hadn't looked since he was sixteen.

He knew that he looked different. His hair had grown from sweeping on his forehead to resting on his shoulders. He had finally grown into his large hands. But he was still skinny. And he could feel the bags under his eyes from not sleeping for two years yet he wasn't tired.

It was weird. He was weird.

He avoided Louis in the morning when the boy tried to talk to him the most. In the afternoon he hid in the attic on Gemma's old bed with his knees pulled into his chest as he stared at the beaten wood of the attic flooring.

"Harry." Louis called out when he saw that it was almost 3o'clock. He already had his old clothes on that were freshly washed and his phone was charged to a full battery. He wanted to leave. He wanted to go before he changed his mind because his family and Zayn were looking for him.

Harry trailed down the stairs from the attic with a clenched jaw and sharp eyes as he stopped in front of Louis who had to swallow the lump in his throat from how close they were.

He could see the slight redness in his eyes. The normally dark green was now a light color and his hair looked like it had been never brushed from how many times Harry tugged at it.

"I'm g-going." He softly said, bending his neck to make eye contact with him. His gaze went from his long eyelashes to his heart shaped lips. "I'm sorry for leaving."

"If you're leaving then you're not sorry." He snapped, his intense stare never fading as Louis furrowed his eyebrows.

"Please don't be mad." He mumbled, not wanting the boy to hate him.

Harry only remained silent, trying not to clench his jaw for the hundredth time in the last twenty four hours due to the loose feeling of the seams. His emerald eyes fell to his lips before turning to walk out of the living room before he did something he would regret.

His sutured hand formed into a fist by his side when he heard a sigh and the sound of the front door closing, his fist raising only to quickly punch through the wall that separated the kitchen and the living room.