Chapter 10

Berlin

"Five pairs of shorts, check... Swimming clothes, check..." I rattled off my packing list for at least the fifth time, making sure that everything was neatly organized and packed in their designated places for both mine and Osias's luggage. Judging by the disastrous state of his room (when the maid is not around to clean it), told me that I should be the one in charge of everything that involves organization. After making sure that everything was set and in place, I sat on top of the overstuffed suitcases in order to zip them closed before collapsing onto Osias's bed. 

I heaved out a sigh as I closed my eyes, smiling at my accomplishment and turning to bury the side of my face into the mattress. My eyes were drooping in exhaustion, but I fought off sleep as my friends that I've made in the last couple of days assured me that I'd be able to sleep on the bus ride to the retreat. I'm sure that Osias wouldn't mind me laying on his lap to take a nap, right?

"Ber!" squealed three loud voices as they bursted into Osias's room, almost jumping up and down in excitement. I jumped up at the sight of them before smiling timidly and waving at them as they approached my spot on the bed.

"H-hey..." I giggled, standing up and hugging each of the girls in front of me who've become my best friends over the past couple of days. Hannah, Brook, and Callie are their names, and all three of them are taller than me. They make sure that I know it. 

"Come on short stuff, we already saved you a seat on the bus!" Callie exclaimed, grabbing my arm and trying to yank me out of the room. 

"Also one for the Alpha" Hannah added with a frustrated sigh before linking arms with me on the opposite side of Callie. I blushed at the mention of Osias, a smile stretching across my lips. Brook was struggling with my large suitcase and rolling her eyes at Hannah's words while they practically manhandled me. 

"I don't understand why he's so protective of you. Yeah, it's adorable but like, he's obsessed." She blanched as she finally got my suitcase to cooperate, pulling it up beside us while I giggled softly at her words.

Although I'd never admit it aloud, I love the way that Osias is so protective over me. He freaks out when he doesn't know where I am, constantly asks me what he can do for me, and makes sure that I reek of his scent every moment. He says that it's for "my own good" and my friends find it annoying, but I love his protectiveness. 

It reminded me of Max. 

"I-It's alright... I'll mostly be sleeping on the drive there, so..." I muttered, staring at my feet as Brook opened the double doors to Osias's room. I felt all three of them jump just as it creaked open. 

What the-... Oh. 

There stood Osias in all of his glory; arms crossed against his bare chest, his body covered in a thin sheen of sweat, and his eyes cold and hard as he glared at the girls. On short, he looked incredibly sexy.

"May I ask what you are doing with my mate? In my fucking room?!" he growled out, reaching to grab me from the girls' grip and cage me to his chest with his strong arms. I yelped out, pressing against his chest to try to get away from his ridiculously tight grip, but it only caused him to tighten his arms once again.

"Oh! H-hi A-Alpha!" Callie stuttered out, not sounding like the confident girl that I know her to be, but more like me. Timid and scared.