Chapter 19

Osias 

(Image above is Osias!)

One.

I had thirty seconds. Thirty, fleeting moments to reunite with my Angel after seventeen gut-wrenching days apart. Berlin looked so fragile in my arms, his tiny body trembling with fear as he looked up at me with tears in his infinitely emotion-filled eyes. Although it was obvious that sheer terror was taking over his sense of rationale, I didn't miss the glint of hope in his eyes as we made eye contact. 

He trusted me to save him. Just knowing that alone threw gasoline on the fire that fueled my need to protect him and kill the bastard that caused him pain in the first place. 

Four. 

"It will be just fine, kitten. I will protect you and our pup with my life." my voice was soft as I whispered in his ear, his little body firmly pressed against mine. He was still freaking out despite my comforting words, although I could completely understand why. When you're dealing with a rapist necrophiliac, things usually don't go as smoothly as planned. 

His delicate hands gripped at my chest in a desperate manner as soft mewls slipped past his lips with each sob. It was the worst of tortures to see him falling apart in my arms, completely helpless and defeated. One of my warm hands traveling down to rest on his stomach as he clung to me, rubbing gentle circles. His skin felt dry and dehydrated, a stark contrast from what I was used to it feeling like and yet another testament to how he was treated while Max kept him captive. 

However, the issue of his dry skin fell from my mind when I felt a small bump against my palm. It was barely there, probably not noticeable to many but I could tell the difference. I suddenly had to hold back tears of my own when reality really hit me.

My mate was pregnant with our baby and we were still in the hands of the enemy. 

Eleven.

 "P-please do-don't l-let me g-g-go." Berlin pleaded through heart-wrenching sobs, his hands sliding up to wrap around my neck tightly. His sweet breath fanned across my face when our foreheads met and his eyes were half-lidded, gazing into mine with an expression that read pure trust. 

"I'd never." 

Under very different circumstances, I would have ravaged Berlin's body immediately within a second of him giving me that look. 

But this was different. 

Our lips met in a fervor, my soft lips meeting his heavily chapped ones with unparalleled desperacy in their touch. My hands slid up from his stomach to cradle his face as if it was the most delicate object in the world, while his fingers simultaneously moved to tangle in my dark hair, almost as if he was afraid I would slip through his grip at any moment. 

Berlin's wet tears dripped onto my cheeks when he tilted his head with a whimper. We were pressed so close to one another that I could feel his heartbeat through the vest he wore, pounding hard and fast against the thick material.

Twenty.

My lips caught his bottom one just before we reluctantly pulled back, although I didn't waste any time in placing the softest of kisses to his forehead, nose, and each of his cheeks. Berlin's eyes remained closed, his lips parted in the slightest as he savored the moment. There was a tug at my heart when his eyes fluttered open once more, connecting with mine.