Chapter 14

The picture above is Nicolas.

When we went back to my room in the hospital and apparently Jacob left because he wasn't in the room.

I lay down on my bed and Nicolas helps me. After talking for a bit he leaves and I stay in my room. Before going to sleep I rethink about what happened today with me and him in the janitors closet and I squeal really loud and cover my face with the blanket and I keep doing that over and over every time I think about it.

Next day (Wednesday)

Later on today Nicolas stops by the hospital after school to visit me and give me my homework and class work and notes.

"Hey" I says as he walks in.
"Hey"
"Here's all the work you brought me yesterday" I say handing him my homework , class work and notes he brought me yesterday.
"I'll turn them in for you tomorrow" he says as he grabs a chair and sits down breathing in and out.
"Thanks. What's wrong?"
"Umm.. I brought you the work from school again"
"Thanks but really what's wrong?"
"I need to talk to you" he says looking at me seriously.
*Start the song *
"Sure. What's up?" I say sitting up from the bed.
"About yesterday...... look I really meant what I said but nothing can happen between us" he says looking straight into my eyes and I see tears are starting to for on his eyes but he fights them back.
"What? Why not..."
"I'm sorry. I'm just not for you. You can do a lot better than me. Your too good for me and I'm too bad for you. I really am sorry I just don't want to see you hurt because me"
"So why did you tell me your feelings?"
"I really did think that maybe we could start something but I thought about it last night and I'm just not good enough for you. You deserve better." He says looking down as I see a tear fall down his cheek but he quickly wipes it with his hand.
I don't bother to answer so I just lay back down and face the other way and my back facing him. Is this really were our story ends?

"Nicole I really am sorry. Please talk to me" he says as he rubs my back.
"Leave" I say quietly.
"Nicole.."
"Please..."
I hear him stand up and he kisses my shoulder and walks out and shuts the door softly. As soon as I hear the door close all the feelings I kept in as he said what he said. Suddenly they came out in less than a second and I start crying. Hard.

Nicolas POV

I go outside and as I close the door I lean on it and slide to the floor slowly as I let all my tears fall. (Picture above)What did I just do? Why did I hurt her so much? She looks like it hurt her a lot. I just shouldn't have said anything yesterday. I just can't be with her no matter how much I love her. I cant. I'm not good enough. If I let her in...she might become like me. I would never forgive myself if that happened. I just love her too much. I'm afraid because I've never loved like this before. I'm scared that my feelings are too strong. I'm scared that I'm falling too hard. I need to get over her....but how?

Nicole POV

Last thing I know is that I fell asleep as I was crying. I wake up about 2 hours later and start doing my school work so I can get my head on something else and not think about what happened today.

I decide to text Nicolas.

_____________________________________________
/Please don't bring my school work no more/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

___________________________________
/ I understand but who else is /
/ gonna do it? /
------------------------------------------------------

___________________________________________
/Please don't worry about it , I'll ask Matt/
-------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________
/ Okay but can we talk? /
------------------------------------------------------

______________
/ No, sorry /
--------------------

_____________________________________
/ Whenever your ready text me /
----------------------------------------------------------

I open the text but don't answer back.

I decide to shower so I can hopefully feel better. When I come out and finish dressing Jacob comes in and says hi.
"Hey" says Jacob.
"Hey. Umm... look I'm sorry for snapping at you yesterday."
"It's fine I shouldn't have grabbed your arm like that"
"I'm still sorry though"
"it's fine don't worry about it" he says patting my head.

"So what you doing?" He says as he sits beside me in the bed.
"Excited. I can go home tomorrow"
"Yeah? You look better. Those cuts and bruises are kinda fading away" he says touching my cheeks.
"Thanks"
"So when can you go back to school?"
"Um.. well I was gonna go tomorrow but mom and dad want me to just stay at home so I'm going the next day."
"So Friday?"
"Yup"
"Cool"

"I have a question for you." He says smiling at me.
"Sure."
"Wanna date?"

The song above is how Nicole feels towards Nicolas so if you'd like to listen or read the lyrics you can and I suggest you do because reading and listening at the same time it's hard , so play the song again and see how Nicole is feeling!♡