Chapter 14

Hey everybody!

So I had a really hard time writing the last chapter. That’s why it was so boring. I had a mild form of writer’s block. But I tried to force my way around it and I went ahead and wrote Chapter 13. I think I’ve overcome it this week, so I’m hoping that Chapter 14 is better! (: Remember to vote and comment!! :D

~dlp5566 <3(:

Katy’s POV

When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of being a princess. Don’t all little girls do that? I always wanted to be like Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora… The lives of the Disney princess are every little girls’ dream. We all wanted to grow up, wear pretty dresses, have something tragic or scary happen, then be rescued by Prince Charming. And of course, live happily ever after.

As I watched Jamie float in her ethereal feelings towards Trevor, I couldn’t help thinking that her dream of being Cinderella were coming true. Trevor was completely smitten with her, as she was with him. The day he got her number, they started talking immediately. Jamie was normally shy around guys, but Trevor’s ardor for her seemed to help her confidence blossom. By the end of the week, Trevor and Jamie were an official couple.

Alexis was not thrilled about it, but she held no hard feelings towards either of them. In fact, she moved on from her crush on Trevor almost immediately. The same day that word got out the new guy was dating Jamie Hall, Alexis had already latched on to another guy in our classes.

Jordan and I avoided the topic of the kiss we had shared. After that morning I had fled from the kitchen when he tried to bring it up, he kept silent about it. I sure as heck wasn’t going to bring it up. So we pretended it hadn’t happened. After school each day, I would go to work for an hour or so, just helping Teresa clean and organize. When I finished that, I would go home, do homework and housework, and cook a light dinner for Jordan and me. After dinner, we would clean the kitchen together, talking about our day. I began to learn the names of all the guys Jordan worked with, and I loved hearing the amusing stories he told of the guys playing pranks on each other, and just having fun while they worked.

The more time I spent with Jordan, the closer we got. After our dinner chats, if I hadn’t finished homework, I would do that; Jordan would work in his office while I did my work. If we were both done, we would spend the remainder of our evenings either watching TV or playing board games. I learned that Jordan and I had many of the same tastes. We liked the same genres of shows—we both love the crime/police shows that were on at night, so if one of our favorites was on, we would watch that. Some nights, we would pull out one of our board games and just sit on the floor in the den playing that.

We had settled into a comfortable routine in that first month of our marriage, and we got along well, rarely arguing. In fact, we became good friends. Every once in awhile, I would catch Jordan looking at me with a strange expression in his eyes. I never could figure out what it meant—he would always look away when I caught his gaze. I wondered about it, but I could never work up the nerve to ask him about it.

On Sundays, we would go to church with the Halls, and then eat lunch with them afterwards. They went to a medium-sized Southern Baptist church where they were active in many church activities. As soon as the service was over we would visit with other people in the congregation before returning to Jamie’s house. Mrs. Hall always gave the staff Sundays off, so she would cook a lunch for us early Sunday morning before church. I loved the family atmosphere it created.