White Dresses - III

Hello again! It has been a while, but university sucks and there is nothing I can do about it.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. It will be the last in the "White Dresses" story arch. Please vote and leave a comment, I live for those.

I was also curious about how many of you would like to read an AU (alternate universe) story about our favourite characters. Let me know in the comments!

Like always, the characters don't belong to me. That honour goes to RobThier.

~~~*****~~~

It felt the same as he remembered it. The way it melted his insides and made his heart pound in his chest.

This was only to help her warm up, he internally chastised himself. He definitely shouldn't be thinking of how soft her lips are, how nice it was to hold her, or how incredible it felt when her lips began moving against his. 

Her ready response took him by surprise.

All thoughts of pulling away flew out his mind when she kissed back. He could feel her fingers tug at the fabric of his shirt, drawing him closer. Her warmth and light chased away the cold that had built up inside of him. He was drowning in her and he surprisingly wasn't objected to the idea. It felt amazing to hold her in his arms, only further reminding him that was probably the only place where he could ensure her safety.

He felt himself receding into the depths of his mind, treasuring the sensation of her lips as they pressed against his own.

She kissed back just the way he had always hoped she would. If he was a different person, he might have exclaimed it was a dream come true, but he knew himself better than that.

He could sense the heat returning to her lips and feel the wisps of hair, which had come out of her pins, brush against his face.

He pulled away slowly, hesitantly, not sure what it would feel like when he did.

But the loud echo of gunfire in the distance, forcing him out of his daze. The frost embedding itself in his veins immediately brought him to his senses.

They needed to keep moving, fast, before their pursuers run them down. She glanced up at him with wide eyes as he grabbed her hand.

Racing down the rest of the alleyway, Rikkard made sure to keep her close. He tried to focus on the crunch of the snow beneath his feet as he moved through the shadows, anything to keep his wits about him. 

The cold wind nipped at his cheeks, but he continued to trek forward. The cold hasn't ever stopped him before, and he definitely wasn't going to let it get into his way now. He felt a faint pang in his chest when he longed for his top hat, not only would it have helped block some of the wind, but now he would have to spend a fortune replacing it.

Rikkard picked up on the sounds of voices vaulting off the icy brick walls and panic set into his chest. Their pursuers were closing in. He had spent too much time lost in their kis-

Casting the thought aside, he needed to focus on getting to Karim, and more significantly, getting her as far away from their pursuers' line of fire as he possibly could.

"Run," he muttered in great urgency, before taking off, dragging her behind him.

From the corner of his eye, he watched her try to gather her skirts in her fist. A frustrated growl tore from her throat.

"You know, sir, I am capable of running without you holding my hand," she spoke briskly, between breaths.

He immediately let go of her hand. He forgot just how sassy she could still manage to be, even while they were being hunted down by dangerous gunmen.