Chapter 4: The Wizard in Armour

Paige's P.O.V.

"You actually turned down 2 000 000 jewels all for the reputation of the guild? That's something else, I'll tell you that much. Especially for Lucy, I never would've thought that she'd be able to hold back," I said, once Natsu and Happy had told me the story of their first mission, neither very enthusiastic about it (while they're stomachs growled under the table). Lucy in particular went into a fit and tried to argue my statement. However, that morning, I was in no mood to handle my sister's whining. So, I took to ignoring her and kept my eyes set on the table.

"So, how was your first job anyway?" I looked up with a start to see Natsu looking at me, still tired-like, leaning his head against his fist. He did the same in ignoring Lucy, "I heard you went out with Loke and the ice princess; how was it?"

I felt ashamed whenever I thought about what I had said to Loke the day before. But I sent him the best smile I could make and answered: "It was great!"

For a second, Natsu stared at me suspiciously(?), but then propped his head up with that adorable grin of his, "That's awesome! I'm almost impressed you got anything accomplished with Gray. But you made it back in one piece, so I guess he's not completely useless after all."

I suddenly jerked up in my seat and took a quick look around for said ice wizard. He was sitting at the far end of the bar. Luckily enough, it seemed he didn't hear Natsu's loud voice. I sat back down and sighed. I didn't want to deal with their brawling either. Sadly enough, I know how guys can get at each other's throats when they loathe each other. 

"Watcha' staring at Paige? It's getting kinda creepy." Happy suddenly snapped me out of my train of thought. He sat on the table, feet outstretched, while he looked up at me half concerned and half not.

"Don't worry about it, I'm fine," I answered reassuringly.

"Are Lucy's ears starting to rub off on you? I asked what you were staring at, not if you were okay!"

Abruptly, I stood up from my chair, making it topple over. But suddenly, someone bumped into me from behind. I looked back quickly, and I met with eyes I wasn't expecting to see for a while. "Loke?" He didn't answer me, but rather ran off right away and sprinted out of the guild. I watched him until he closed the doors behind him, before turning around. I saw Lucy staring at the double doors too, or rather glaring at them. Lucy's a Celestial wizard, he must've run away from her first before bumping into me. 

I wonder why he's so afraid of Celestial wizards. Not human; afraid of wizards-- no, the gate keys? How does this add up? Before I could even start doing any sort of math, I was suddenly knocked over and pinned to the ground(chest towards the ground). 

"Would the two of you just knock it off already!" Screeched Lucy. As best as I could, I looked up from my position, to see a point of pink hair streaming down my forehead. Two days in a row?

"Natsu started! I'm just followin' through!" Argued Gray, before Cana pointed out that he'd lost his clothes again. 

It didn't take Natsu long to get up off of me, "You were the one who was provoking me, you dirty slime ball!" (I stood up steadily with Lucy's help)

"Oh yeah? And what exactly did I do to provoke you, you fire clown! 

"Pervy flasher!" -- "Pink-haired punk!" 

"Damn ice freak!" -- "Pyro!"

Lucy: "Lame insults, guys"