Chapter 2

This is what Elizabeth looks like:)

"Congratulations man! You finally found her!" A mans voice says excitedly.

"Shut up! She's still sleeping you idiot." A voice growls. It sounds familiar, it's almost like I've heard it from a dream I can't remember.

"Oh come on Xander. You've been like this for almost 6 years. Maybe she can help?" He says hopefully.

"You think I haven't thought that?!" He growls at the man. That's not very nice. By how the man was talking to Xander, they sound close.

"....I'm sorry man. I didn't mean to get you all riled up."

Xander releases a tired and loud sigh, "Just get out Soul."

I hear retreating footsteps and the click of the door closing. I chose then to stop acting like a child and open my eyes.

The room I was in was an average sized room. It had navy blue walls, shinny wooden floors, some white drawers in the far corner, and my bed was a dark red cover with Golden designs.

I try to sit up, but the ache of my ribs protested. I moan escapes my lips, alerting Xander that I was awake. He quickly comes to my side, wraps one arm around my waist and his other hand under my legs. He lifts me slightly to sit up.
"How are you feeling?" He mumbles. I stared at him at first because he didn't sound like the same person he was last night. Did he sound angry?

"Umm I feel sore. But it's not too bad." I said a little timidly.

"Good." He growls

I frowned "Did I do something to anger you, sir?" 

He frowns, "No? I'm not angry." Whoa, that's his normal voice.

I coughed into my hand and softly asked, "Who are you?"

His brows deepen in a frown, creating a crease between his brows, "You don't remember?" He growls.

"Ummm no?" I say timidly.

"I'm the Alpha that raided your pack last night. Your mate."

My eyes widened when I remembered, "You're the one that came to my pack? You're my mate? You're the Alpha?" All of these revelations overwhelmed me all at once. I took a deep breath as I soaked in all of this devastating information.

He used his one to rub his eyes. He sighed deeply and said" Look, I need to do some Alpha Business, so let's just get the simple stuff out of the way, what's your name?" 

I gulped. I'm in enemy territory, I guess it's not exactly enemy anymore since he's my mate, but still. He was the guy that destroyed my pack, "I don't want to tell you my name until you tell me what happened to my pack."

The mate's jaw tensed, "Your pack doesn't matter anymore, you're a part of my pack now."

"It does matter," I growled, "I grew up there and my brother is there. If you don't tell me anything, I'll reject you here and now."

"You wouldn't do that." He says doubting me. 

I smirked, "Try me. You may be my mate but you also might as well be a stranger to me. I would rather find my brother than stay here with you."

His eyes dilated and his jaw had a tick in it as he took deep breathes. I stare at him with a glare, "Tell me if my people are safe."

He leans back in his chair, "They're safe. We didn't kill anybody. We just ravaged the place a bit to give a message"

"What kind of message?"

"We heard your Alpha was planning an attack on us. He was travelling around the country creating allies to dethrone us from being at the top of the food chain. We simply gave a warning."