Chapter 23

Xander has been spoiling me rotten! After our night at the sanctuary, or what I like to call it, My Glowstick Forest, he has taken me out for breakfasts, walked through a rose garden and then finally took me out to a beautiful restaurant that over looked the whole Lake. It was the best day. And now, we are currently sitting under a tree together near the lake. Some people are here swimming. I had my Bikini under my shorts and Singlet.

Xander was on his phone, probably texting Noah concerning the well being of his pack. I am however, on my laptop, doing research on the pendant I bought for Xander. 

The legend Mana told me was true. The Moon Goddess herself carved this. I also found out that the son of the Chief that lost his one love, Aroha, was also the Alpha who mated with the Moon Goddess herself. Mana, the chief, passed it down to his son who later became the alpha of an ancient pack with goddess blood running through their veins. I wonder how it even came to that man's possession though? I mean, that couldn't possibly be Mana himself right? That would be crazy. It could have, maybe, been a descendant of the Ancient Chief?

"What're you reading?" Xander asks. I internally froze because I totally forgot he was here.

"Oh nothing," I said casually, "Just some legends to entertain myself."
I don't know why I didn't just tell him the truth. Maybe because that would lead to me giving the pendant to him. And for some reason I feel like it's not the right time yet.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" He asked as he twirled my hair through his fingers.

I smile softly, "Yes, I've never been happier. I thought my life would forever be as a maid or something. But, you've made me feel...valuable."

Xander dips his head slightly so than his forehead rests on my own.
"Your very valuable to me Izzy. Your more precious than jewels."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "You really know how to compliment a girl Mr Nightwalker."

He shrugs with a goofy smile, "Well We got the rest of our lives for me to compliment you, soon to be Mrs Nightwalker."

I laugh and then peck his lips. He shifts me in between his legs so than I can lay my back to his chest.

"Have you set a date?" He asked.

I shake my head, "Not yet. I guess I haven't thought too much about it."

"Oh." I could tell from how he said that, that Xander's was disappointed.

I tilt my head up to look into his eyes,"It doesn't mean that it's not important to me. I just want this whole stalker drama to be over so than we can have a peaceful celebration without worry or fear. So don't think that just because I haven't made real official plans, that the marriage itself isn't important to me."

"Is it important to you?" He asked with a slight frown.

"You know it's important to me. Why wouldn't I want to be Mrs Nightwalker."

His frown quickly turned into a smirk, "True. You should be honoured to be my wife."

I snort, "I think it's more the other way around. Me, a beautiful woman with model looks, engaged to a man with an...unfortunate appearance. We can be the living representation of Beauty And The Beast!"

Xander flips me over so than my chin is resting on his chest.

"You take that back. I am one of the most sexiest men on this entire planet for your information. I could get any kind of girl I wanted and yet I chose you."

I don't know why, but the playfulness just went straight out the window as soon as he mentioned other girls. I totally knew he was joking. And I was joking too! But for some reason that hit me. I gulped and sat up silently, not looking at him.