Chapter 7 - Physical Exam

(Super-Short-Filler-Chapter)

Rosaline Levington:

She was due for an exam. A few times a month, Adrian would do a thorough check of her physical health. 

Given the number of evaluations he had done on her in the past, she knew that should be used to it. But she was not at all. For some aberrant reason, she had always felt nervous. Even now, her hands were clammy and her heart was running a few paces too soon. 

Rose bit her bottom lip, anxiously, as she waited for Adrian in the examination room. Lulu rolled her eyes at Rose but remained static in her seat. 

Two knocks were heard at the door before it wedged open. The young and ever so delectable doctor glided into the room, a single file at hand. Today, he donned a pair of thick rimmed spectacle; the object, Rose noted, sat nicely upon his handsome face, framing his unworldly green eyes as if they were a masterpiece to behold. 

How can someone be so flawless, so magnificently sculpted and angelic? She had the most unusual urge of running her hand alongside his face and trace his contours. For research of course...

"How are you doing today, Rosaline?" 

Her mind was still raving over his handsomeness, she did not have the time to form a coherent response. "I...uhh... well... fine. I am doing well." 

"Good," he smiled, "I will be conducting the usual physical exam. You know the drill." 

Rose nodded, aware of the procedure. He began by taking her height and weight. He scribbled something down on the sheet of paper. 

Five feet, one inch. 

Rose frowned; she had not grown since the time he measured her last year. 

"Please sit, my dear."

She sat down on the mattress and he examined her eyes, ears, mouth, and nose. 

"Remove your gown for me." 

Heat rose to her face instantaneously. Her face, she presumed, had taken the appearance of a tomato in under three seconds. He saw her before so why all the nervousness. Rose hesitated for a minute or two before doing as she was told. She pulled her ward gown off, exposing her frail body. 

He scanned her body from head to toe, checked her breathing, pulse, and so forth.His hands pressed lightly onto her bare stomach to check her insides. When he was done, he patted her head. 

"all done." He pulled the gown over her head. "I want you to eat more. For a lady your age, you are a bit underweight. You would not grow if you do not eat." 

Rose pursed her lips and puffed air into her cheeks--he was probably referring to her lack of curves as well as her height deficiency. Adrian laughed. Him laughing at her made her sport a frown, but, at the same time, caused her heart flutter. Rose loved it when he smiles or when he laughs. The melodic sound of his voice soothed her. 

"The nurse outside will escort you back to your room," Adrian said.

______________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Thanks for reading! 

Music: First love - Utada Hikaru (Music box version)