Prologue

The sky overhead was beginning to darken and the slight sound of thunder could be heard. Despite all that, I had no intentions to return from my walk in the gardens. All around me, the trees bent towards the left as the cold breeze blew. The miniature path I trod on, was one I knew quite well. As I often played here when I was little, I knew which path leads to where. Up ahead, a small gazebo loomed into view. As I raised my skirts-preparing to haul myself o the small steps-I could hear the sound of faint footsteps approaching from behind. Curious, I turned slightly and caught sight of someone standing face to face with me.

He looked to be well in his twenties-messy black hair being ruffled by the wind, red eyes fixed on me and lips curved up rather slyly-but a mysterious aura followed him as he took several steps forward. I stiffened and began to back away instinctively. He smiled and crossed the distance between us with long strides. "Hey, pretty lady. What is your name?"

I glared at him with suspicion and fear rising in my chest. There's no way I would tell a stranger that, right? "Not telling." I said firmly, leveling my gaze to meet his.

I could feel his gaze hardened and my fears increased. Something about him is off. He doesn't seem like an ordinary man with good intentions. "I asked you, what is your name?" He repeated his question as he stopped just right in front of me; our bodies just inches away. Instinctively, my lips parted. His gaze seemed to petrify me into answering. "Robin Clarence." My voice hoarse as I replied him shortly. As soon as I'd said it, I covered my mouth with both hands. Oh, God! What had I just done?

The man smiled and reached out to grab my arm. My eyes widened when he pulled me close and leaned over until I could feel his breath on my neck. Wait, what? I tried to back away but his forceful grip forced me to remain in my current position.

"Well, Robin. Are you ready to join us?" His voice was husky as he whispered. I couldn't help but gasp when I felt his lips touching my neck a little. I tried to reason out with myself as I realized that this was not the kind of reaction I should be giving.

"Go to sleep, girl." I could feel sharp needle like things poking into my flesh. He sunk his fangs into my neck. I could hear my own screams ringing in my ears as his grip tightened. My vision blurred and as my mind slipped into darkness, I wondered what would happen to me. Is this...the end?

Authors note

This will be your prologue! Enjoy it and happy reading. Please don't forget to press the vote button and comment. Thanks!

*EDITED