Tenth Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T E N T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

What should I say to him? Does he know something?

I was  still lost in my thoughts when he started chuckling.

"Look at your face." He said. "I was just pulling your leg, but damn girl, you look scared as shit."

I managed a small smile.

I looked down for a while, escaping from his gaze, 'What if he knows something about me?'

How can he?, my inner voice calmed me down.  

I guess she's right. I just need to calm down and act normal or I'll just draw more attention and make things worse by acting like this.

'Act cool. Act normal.'  I repeated this mantra in my head.

"Well, I knew you were joking." I huffed. "And why would I be scared? It isn't like I have something to hide." 

He nodded and after a while, uttered, "Still, I'm amazed by your reaction. It was funny and kind of--- scary."

"Okay, will you let me ask something about you today?" I said stroking my forehead. "You're so clever. All you did was just asking questions from me repeatedly."

"When did I ask anything from you?" He exclaimed.

I passed him my deadly glare.

"Well, it's not like you answered any of my questions." He said gathering his stuff. "Let's go!" 

"What?" I exclaimed gaping. "I haven't asked you anything and you promised to give me some answers." 

"Well, your loss!" He said getting up. "and when did I promise?"

He started moving.

"Hey, listen you, Mister." I said moving up to him.

He kept walking.

Looks like he's okay with Mister, but he's not okay with his first name.

Strange! 

I moved in front of him weirdly, resulting in me tripping down a bit due to my heels.

He grabbed my forearm immediately, giving me support and I didn't fall.

Stupid heels! I'm glad I'm not lying on the footpath, right in front of him and everyone. It would've been so embarrassing.

"Miss Williams, don't wear them if you don't know how to walk in them." He said. His hands still wrapped around my forearm.

"I know how to walk in heels." I said gritting my teeth.

"There won't always be someone to save you from falling." He said taking his hands off of me.

"Well, I don't need that someone in my life."   

He started moving once again and this time I moved with him. 

"You're a liar. You promised me to give me some answers."

"How many times do I have to tell you, I didn't promise." He said and looked at me, "You, in fact, are not a liar, but a little dumb."  

I gasped, "Did you just call me dumb?"

"Little Dumb!" He corrected me.

"Still, you called me dumb!"