Twenty-Ninth Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T W E N T Y
N I N T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AVA'S POV

Beep. Beep.

The beeps of messages on my phone finally brought us back to reality and we realized that we had been looking into each other's eyes for minutes now.

I'm sure this rose is cursed that's why it made him give it to me and made me accept it and... love it.

I don't think I got much flowers in my life and getting one from my arrogant boss, I was beyond happy.

We awkwardly looked everywhere in the room but at each other.

What the hell was happening?

"I don't think, Sir, I'll be able to go to Alaska with you." I said something and I was glad it broke the silence and the awkwardness.

I really can't. I really don't want to.

That was a nice topic I started. It's dad birthday in a few days and then I haven't been to the club since ages. I need to go to the club or Nathan is really going to get mad. I've missed so many days already.

"I've given my word. You'll have to go with me to Alaska at any cost, Ava."

"But..."

He cut me.

"Sorry. You don't have a choice." He was polite all this while.

"I..." This time it wasn't him who interrupted.  It was the damn person who's been messaging me since last night. "Who is it?" Annoyed, I said to myself, taking out my phone and unlocking it.

The messages popped up in front of me.

He snatched my phone from my hands.

WHAT!

I gaped at him.

Did he just snatch my phone from me--- MY phone?

How could he?

"When you're talking with me, your attention should only be on me... your boss." He said dangerously and then said politely. "Learn to respect your boss."

"I'm sorry." I apologized and asked him to return my phone by producing my hand in front of him.

Beep. Beep.

Another new messages.

"Okay. Who is so eager to talk to you." Frustrated by the constant beeping of my phone, he looked at the screen.

He read the message out loud, "I want to sleep with you like right now. I can't resist you, baby." He looked up at me astonished.

What did he just read?

My jaw opened wide.

What was that?