Chapter 3

Natalie's POV

"Hey, I know what we can do." I say with excitement. Brandon takes a drag from the cigarette he's smoking before grinding out. He smiles at me.

"What?" He turns toward me in his chair, full attention on me.

"We can take this party upstairs." I say seductively. I get up and start pulling on his hand to stand up.

"Maybe later. You don't just want to sit out here and talk? We never just look at the city lights anymore." He had a point.

"Okay, so what do you want to talk about?" I ask, leaning back in my chair.

"Anything." Brandon said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Well, there is something that's been on my mind a lot lately. And I'm not really sure why." I look over at Brandon who is already looking over at me.

"What is it, babe?" Brandon asks, concerned.

"My parents. I haven't been home in over a year. I've also been feeling really homesick. It's like, sometimes I close my eyes and see the place where I used to live, when i was young." I look over at Brandon who's nodding his head.

Brandon smiles at me. "I guess we're taking a roadtrip to San Francisco."

"Really? You're willing to drive all the way up there?" San Francisco is almost 8 and a half hours away.

"Yeah, I mean it's not that far. We can manage 5 hours in a car." Brandon is so optimistic about everything.

"Well, Mr. Brightside, it's actually 8, but I like your positivity." I smile at him.

He sighs and stands up. "It's getting chilly out here. Ready to go inside?"

"Yeah." I answer, standing up. We walk inside and Brandon locks the door behind me. I turn off the patio lights and close the blinds. I start making my way upstairs.

"You coming up?" I ask Brandon, who was busy in the kitchen putting plates in the dishwasher.

                                                           Brandon's POV

"You coming up?" Natalie asks from the bottom step of the stairs.

"Yeah, in a little bit. I'm going to clean up down here first." I rinse off all the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. After that, I get all the empty beer bottles and place them in the sink next to the broken dish that Katie threw. Deciding that I can take out the recycling and garbage tomorrow morning, I turn off the kitchen light but turn on the stove light in case Natalie comes down to the kitchen in the middle of the night. I lock the front door, turn the A/C on, and walk upstairs. As I walk down the hall toward the bedroom, I can hear the shower running. I walk through the bedroom straight to the master bathroom. Sure enough, Natalie is taking one her nightly showers.

She doesn't see me as I brush my teeth over the sink. When I'm done brushing my teeth, I lift my shirt over my head and unbuckle my pants. Sliding those off, I stand in nothing but my boxers. I walk into the closet, looking for a pair of pajama pants. Natalie must've heard the closet door open because she calls out my name.

"Brandon? Join me?" She asks.

"Yeah" I say walking toward the shower. I take my boxers off and open the shower door. Natalie is rinsing the shampoo out of her hair. She looks at me, smiles, and pouts out her lips for me to kiss.