.

Then the next moment, before I even know it, my legs and arms were moving faster and faster. I was running. I had no clue from what exactly but it was huge because everything was rattling uncontrollably. Whatever it was, it was no time to hazard guesses. The whole place shook as the formidable giant briskly pursued me. I had no power over my body but it's a good thing actually. Whoever had me by the short hairs had not just pushed my speed beyond its limit but also mastered every inch of our old house more than I ever did. I galloped over furnitures elegantly, turning into corners in the dark with the swiftness of an Acinonyx Jubatus suprisingly never running into anything.
Everything seemed to be mindfully arranged. Even the virile voice was humming louder each time I turn into a corner. I must be close. But to what? Whatever's waiting on the other side to be seen, I had an ominous feeling about it. Like the one you get when your maths teacher is walking your way with the results.
Then with a sudden twinkle of yellowish green light, other voices joined in in an inorderly fashion, eventually synchronizing into an ugly jumble of child-like screams and daunting groans. I could hear hundreds of voices blending in at once but the all had one thing in common. The indistinct familiarness. I've heard every single on of them before but again, it was difficult to recall when and to who they belong to. I was still sprinting non-stop without feeling exhausted until I turned into the last corner where the ear-piercing voices finally came to an end and left me standing there in the void, motionless. Even the mysterious figure that was chasing after me had stopped. I was alone again, luckily and unfortunately at the same time. Alone in complete blackness.

" An ambivalent enigma ; it's what he is,
and in inexorable jeopardy is where he lives,
His friends will surely cross the Great Divide,
But the memories will abide to be his guide."

The second the last word was recited, I could feel my body again. The hair standing on my forearms and at the back of my neck. I could frel the frosty atmosphere of our old house encircling me. The adrenaline was suddenly over and I was in control of my myself but still in a treacherous emptiness. Then oddly, at the corner of my eye, I caught sight of a dim light at a distant which seemed to be flickering from behind a door that was ajar. Despite the ominous feeling in my guts, the curiosity to see what lies behind the mysterious door killed the cat. I immediately walked towards the light, approaching it with every precaution, my eyes peeled at the gloomy surrounding for any sign of potential angry giants or other threats It's funny how even my one and only home was never truly safe.