Joshua

TOASTERS12345, alejandra_1000

"Oh no, I am not sharing a lodge with... with that guy. No," You looked at the sheet that had been placed in your hands. The sheet listed the lodges in which you and everyone else had been assigned to share with.

It was the annual trip where your school would take you out for a short break, this year it was to a ski resort a couple of hours away from where you lived. You had been looking forward to the trip up until about five minutes ago when you found out you'd had to share a lodge with that guy.

"What, Joshua? I don't understand you, he's probably one of the nicest guys I know..." Your friend said with a smile on her face as she looked off into the distance dreamily. She sat on your bed amongst the clothes that you were deciding to take on the trip or not. You should have packed earlier seeing as though the trip is tomorrow, but as usual you were unorganised and left it till last minute.

"That's why. He's too nice. How can someone be that nice? There's something off about him... I don't know it's just unsettling." You started to pile some warm clothes into your suit case.

"I think you'll change your mind when you spend sometime with him, you'll realise he really is just a nice guy." She drops her trance and helps you pack some of the clothes into your suitcase.

Soon enough you had packed your suit case and were getting ready to sleep. Your friend was sleeping over as you had to get up early the next day to go on the trip. You flipped over the duvet and wrapped yourself in it ready to sleep. You said goodnight to your friend and let sleep find you.

~

"Can I sit here?" You looked up to see a boy with dark hair in his eyes, wearing a cream turtleneck snuggly wrapped around his body which brought out the brown of his eyes. You immediately recognised the boy to be Joshua. He even looked like a nice boy.

You looked at the empty seat next to you on the bus. You had put your hand luggage on the seat beside you and awkwardly scrambled to put the stuff on the floor. Joshua laughed and you frowned, determined to find a flaw in his nice guy facade.

Joshua settled down beside you, slipping off his long black coat and sliding his bag under the seat in front. It wouldn't hurt to say that he was attractive, but that almost made you hate him more; how could he be so perfect?

Your friend, who was sitting in the seat in front of yours, peeped through the gap between the two seats. Her eyes widened once she saw Joshua and she gave you a wink. Luckily Joshua was to busy trying to untangle his ear phones to notice her. You kicked her seat and she made a short scream.

Joshua looked in your direction and raised an eyebrow, "Is everything okay?"

You nodded and turned your body so that it was facing the window. For some reason you wanted to test his limits, see if he could break if you were being unmannerly.

You could feel Joshua's stare at your back, but soon enough you felt him move beside you. Glancing over your shoulder you realised he curled up with his earphones in ready to sleep. He must of thought you were sleeping.

In disbelief that he hadn't reacted you decided to take the moment and nap yourself. You plugged in your earphones and shut your eyes until sleep found you.

~

You awoke to the feeling of your earphone being lightly removed from your ear. Your eyes fluttered trying to recollect where you were.