The8

Imagine for Sertain

Dropping the paint brush in the pot of duck egg blue paint, you looked at the walls that you had been painting for the past hour. You were nearly finished, you just had to paint the top of the wall bellow the ceiling, but you couldn't reach so you'd have to wait for your boyfriend.

Minghao had left a few hours earlier saying he was going to look for some furniture for the room your were decorating. You'd let him go telling him not to waste money on stupid things like he normally does.

Reaching on your tip toes, with the brush back in your hands, you started to paint. Your hand stopped when you heard a bang from behind you. Hand still extended in the air, you rocked down onto your heels and looked behind you.

Minghao stood in the doorway, a box laying by his feet. He wore old practise gear that was now splattered with paint from decorating and a cap covering his messy dyed hair.

Jumping over the box he strode towards you and plucked the brush out of your hand, "What do you think you're doing? I told you not to push yourself and wait till I get back."

He dropped the paint brush on the covered floor and then placed his hand on the small of your back.

"I'm not totally incapable," You sighed and Minghao turned you to face him. His arms resting on your waist. From here you could see his fairy like ears, his blonde hair, and wide eyes staring at you.

A small smile spread across his feature before he spoke, "You think I don't know that? But in your current state, your health is more important and than painting a wall."

He started walking and you had no choice to walk backwards unless you wanted to fall over. Your ankles hit the side of a lonely chair at the side of the room and you lowered yourself in it.

"Hey, i'm pregnant not terminally ill." You placed your hand instinctually on your round stomach, which was quite round as you were nearly due.

"I know, I know. I... just really love you." He leaned down and pecked your lips, pulling away slightly looking in your eyes and then placing his lips back on yours.

Smiling he pulled away and made his way over to the large box that you had been eyeing up. He picked it up effortlessly and laid it by your feet.

"I know you said not to buy anything stupid-"

"Oh my god, minghao. Don't say you-"

"-But I think this will be perfect for the baby." Crouching down he pried open the flaps. Inside was an incoherent mess of items.

"Uh, what is it?" You questioned as you leaned forward in your seat. Minghao sat crossed legged and tipped the contents on the floor.

"Well, the guy at Ikea said it was a 'cot with draws'. You know as i'm famous and I have a lot of money I thought I'd go for the higher range cots. So now instead of an average cot, this one has draws." He said excitedly as he opened the instruction manual.

"Minghao, I said not to go overboard-"

"Come on, Y/N. It's from Ikea not Gucci. Also our little baby deserves the higher range stuff. We can put all the tiny baby clothes and shoes in the draws and it will be really cute!" He started to stuff pieces of wood into each other in a quick manner.

"Okay," You smiled and slowly rose from the chair you were sitting in with a hand on your stomach. Minghao'a face lifted towards yours in a question gaze, "I'm gonna get some coffee want some?"

He shook his head, "I'm just gonna focus on making this cot and get it done as soon as possible."

"Okay, but are you sure you don't need any help? I can-"

"Just relax and have some coffee, Y/N. I'll be done in no time," He reassures you but you beg to differ. The way Minghao was trying to fit pieces together and already sighing when they didn't fit, you knew it wasn't going to be a speedy process.

You left the room and started to make yourself a cup of coffee. You leaned against the counter waiting for the kettle to boil and stroked your stomach affectionately. Daddy's going to look after, love, and care for you a lot little one. He's been trying really hard recently, with the cot-"

"Shit, why won't this fuc-"

You covered your ears as if the baby could hear and made your way into the room you'd spent the morning in.

Minghao was sat in the same position as you'd left him, but this time he was slamming two pieces of wood together and swearing when they didn't fit.

"Do you mind refraining from swearing so much?" You decided to let him know you were standing there and he jumped.

Dropping the pieces of wood, he turned back to the instructions, "But I don't understand, it says that these pieces go together-"

"Do you need some help?" You sat back down on the seat slowly and picked up the pieces of wood and snatched the instructions from his hands.

"Hey! I was nearly there..." He trailed off when he saw your unamused face, "I can do it... Okay, fine I do need help."

"Finally." Holding the two pieces you looked for the engravements in the wood. Looking back down at the instructions you laughed, "You have the wrong pieces of wood you arse."

"And you tell me off for swearing?" He glares at you and crosses his arms, "But how? I checked again and again."

"Look," You picked up the two pieces of wood that were meant to fit together and slotted them. Minghao's jaw dropped.

"I think I need my eyes tested," He started to fiddle with the other pieces of wood, "But seriously, I think I've got the hang of it now. You can go back to making your coffee."

You lowered yourself to the floor and Minghao's hand automatically went to your back to support you, "Let's do it together."

"Y/N-"

"You can't even put two pieces of wood together. Let's do it together. Besides it will be fun," You looked down at the instructions, "I'll tell you what to do."

"Okay, fine." He said and the both of you got to work.

After what seemed like most of the evening, you were finally finished. The cot was made and it sat in front of you. Minghao was opening and shutting the draws to see if everything was working smoothly. When he finished he signed and leaned back against the chair with his arms open. You lowered yourself into his arms and he wrapped them around you, leaning his head on your shoulder.

"It's perfect," You stared at the cot.

"Perfect just like the baby," Minghao placed his hands on your stomach and lightly placed his lips on your neck.

"Whether it's a boy or a girl, they're gonna love it and you." You turned your head to face Minghao and he quickly pecked your lips.

______________________________

Can I have husband Minghao please?

We saw Zion.T I fricking cry. He was great and definitely worth traveling up to London to see. Wish I had a better camera tho.

 Wish I had a better camera tho

~ Ffion